TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is awesome.

why limit it to the left lane? Dumb drivers cause headaches on every road.

And put a truck restriction through downtown (Raleigh) Every single morning there are 18 wheelers and dump trucks riding in 1.5 lanes going 10 under the speed limit causing chaos. We spend tens of millions of dollars in tax money to study traffic, when the cause for most congestion is blatantly obvious. No studies needed.

Wow. A lot of insensitive in here. Perhaps we can hope when we're all 80 years old and still trying to make it in this world there will still be folks with some measure of compassion. At 52 I'm a confident very aware driver but I can see there being a day when I'm not.

Around Charlotte, its just as easy to drive on the right lane. No one uses it and I can set cruise at just over 70 for the 70mph loop and pass the trucks hugging the center lane and the irate righteous and unaware texters on the left. People just merge in from the ramps at 45mph and go right for the middle lane, I always find that impressive.

Raleigh is opposite, the drivers block the lane closes to the on ramp while the middle and left lanes are completely empty. This is why you see people stopped trying to get on the beltline, people will not move over. I just put my blinker on and go. ;<)

Wow. A lot of insensitive in here. Perhaps we can hope when we're all 80 years old and still trying to make it in this world there will still be folks with some measure of compassion. At 52 I'm a confident very aware driver but I can see there being a day when I'm not.

Just let me know when that is and I'll be glad to make sure your Cruisers are in good hands:grinpimp:

I too dislike those left lane bandits. Usually it is either someone on the phone, texting or an old person who shouldn't be driving. All are dangerous. For the record, I will be 70 in October.

This morning I was driving the 40 to Thomasville. At a stop light I was in the through lane and a car came up on my right in the turn lane and just sat there. When the light turned green she took off, as she was running out of room in the right turn only lane she realized I was still close and hit the gas and took off. Then about 300 more feet down the road she stopped and signaled for a left turn. In a hurry to make a left turn and didn't mind stopping traffic to prove her dominance. So when there was a small opening in the on coming traffic, I gave her a very large dose of the air horns. Hope it pissed her off!

I am so glad I walk to work :)

Even expensive s*** is cheap bull****!
So what accessory do you just have to have if you use an ARB fridge? Their awesome proprietary wiring kit that you can plug their proprietary power cord into and thread it down so that it doesn't truffle shuffle it's way into ruining all of your groceries.

ok, I guess it will save me time since the one end is terminated already.
Spend the better part of the evening snaking it through the truck.
Crimp the 90 degree spade terminals and solder it like a good boy.
Connect the first spade terminal with not quite gorilla force, and WTF!!! the male terminal breaks off of the socket. Just FYI, that luscious copper 14AWG cable ultimately conducts through two ~0.5mm sized conductors per terminal in the plug.

I would post the pictures of the broken junk, but, oh, whaddya know I took pictures AGAIN and my phone failed to save them. Somehow. In this modern era of "your phone is really a camera and nobody talks on a phone anymore practically."

Which brings me to segway one of my rant: My s***ty Nexus 6 phone. Ya I know I should just get a new one since it's long in the tooth, but it is still supported by Android dev, and it is my work phone.. The 2 main things it is supposed to do (make calls and take pictures) are the worst features of the phone. Ta Ta TA TA-DAY JUNIOR!!!! I'm not running solidworks on this thing! I mean sure it's android and it's corp'd, but for the love of God I am going to have to go on high blood pressure meds just because of this damned thing won't get out of it's own way! What I am trying to say is it's really slow and unreliable, but that doesn't fully paint the picture of utter disappointment that is my phone.

Back on track...
So some $10 thing broke on me. Big whoop. Maybe I can just repair it with some solder.
Not on your life. You can burn the crap out of yourself on your iron, though so that your finger looks like those guys with radiation burns on K-19.

Oh, wait, you can order the socket separately for 1/5 the cost of the whole kit! Just get one on Amazon, right?
Oh, not available for prime shipping?
Oh it can be here as soon as 3/27 if I choose 2 day shipping? Too bad I need it for camping on 3/23... which is actually 3 days from right now, but oh well, what the hell, who uses a calendar anymore. Words and numbers are just things that people say, no reason to hold anyone to any literal meanings.

So now the scramble is on. There are at least 4 ARB dealers within the radius of the distance from my house to Tryon street, so it looks like I get to do it the old fashioned way; calling and driving around.
Who wants to bet that nobody stocks it (not me)? I bet they can order it for me, though (a la Barnes and Noble).

/rant

This is a rant. I've been waiting on Jason to crack for almost a year now.
Oh, I crack routinely. It's just rare that I can quell my rage sufficiently to be able to compose a semi-coherent written account of whatever caused me to boil over in the first place.

Having truck project "blue-balls" certainly doesn't help matters, but I was able to gut it out and type it out of my system.

Praise be to the TORT!!

Happens with almost every product/company on the planet over time. Get a loyal customer base and start to cheapen the product.

Last edited:
:lol: That's glorious Jason. FWIW Blue Sea 12v sockets work with the arb cord just fine.
Good deal. That's what I ended up getting. Local place could have me a compete wiring kit for $76, but the socket is backordered. I decided to pass.

Other place, guy on the phone wasn't sure what the price on the kit was, but "it looks like it will be about $20," which I know it would be 2 to 3 times that when I showed up.

Blue sea it is.

Ok here's another. Shipping costs.

I know I'm spoiled with free 2 day shipping and free returns, or just free shipping period when I buy stuff online. I know it costs money and some how vendors factor it all in to their final price so that they still profit. I get that carriers give discounts to companies that ship a lot, which further makes their freight costs more economical.

So when I buy something and pay $15 s&h, and end up having to return it, why would it cost me roughly $108 to return ship the exact same thing?

I know there are many variables that can impact the rates at any point in time, but it just seems crazy for me to pay so much more (I'm the little guy!). I'm sure it's user error on my part. That's all for now.

It's volume based. My old company allowed us to use their discount and it was shocking how much less the really heavy stuff was.

ok my rant.....my phone just crapped out. samsunk galaxy s5 pristine condition in an otterbox , in my pocket , workin fine , 2 hrs later... dead....WTF not even 2 years old. I still have to pay 65 bucks just to throw it in the trash....then I have to pay upgrade fees because they cant just replace it.....Toyota should make phones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom