To Lipstick And Beyond (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"They really do exist"- the yellow peanut M&M.

Well, knowing there was such a thing would have changed a bunch of questions on my part. I dont need any more photos.

Are the two seamed down the center of vehicle or is each piece not 1/2 width?
Can't tell from photo, does the panel go all the way forward to just behind the rear of trans. cover?
Presume this underlaps the flange in the rear, what about front---I think you said butt seam, correct?

C
ENough material on floor pan for replacing this
IMG_4922.JPG

My rise is good. (Hope I can keep saying that for a few more years)

Up front, where does it butt up to front floor pan? I'm not sure where that seam is. At the rear of the trans. cover or somewhere further back?

Thanks much.

Last edited:
Getting closer. Is that the seam about 4 inches back from front of seat mount. That same seam runs across right behind the transmission cover. Is that the one? And is that a butt seam? I see factory seam sealer there. Thanks.

Bob, would you please confirm where the front seam is? I spoke with Jonathan, who doesn't have any more panels, and will need to make my own. I want to size them correctly.

Back from a Thanksgiving trip to the cabin in CO. Still love the mountains but don't prefer the cold anymore. Good to be back on the Coast. Time to get back to work on the 55 as this is "restoration season". I want to drive this thing badly! Its so nice here in Dec, Jan, and Feb-one can open the garage door for light and not use any A/C! Don't need fans running. Need to finish the bodywork so I can put the interior back together.

I need to finish the detour this floor has become. I'm happy with the rear floor repair. Here are photos of the next area I'm working on and could use some advice.

IMG_4989.JPG
IMG_4990.JPG

Both photos are of the passenger front body mount area. In the first photo, taken from above, one can view the totality of the damage- body mount, floor pan, and inner rocker wall below floor. Second photo is view from below.

There is no other damage in this area. My thinking is that I don't need to replace entire floor pan or body mount. Maybe buy a mount f I can, then cut to use a portion? The inner wall needs to be patched once access is provided. Access seems to be the hardest part. How would you go about fixing this area? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Bob,

I realize I need to replace metal but what and how much? Entire floor pan? Seems like a lot of pan to replace for a relatively small area. But I will do what others in the know recommend. So, whole floor pan? What about body mount? Entire thing? Thanks

At the end of the day it’ll probably take less time and be easier to replace the whole panel than to trim and patch. Bonus will be all good metal and no need to go back in

Last edited:
Back from a Thanksgiving trip to the cabin in CO. Still love the mountains but don't prefer the cold anymore. Good to be back on the Coast. Time to get back to work on the 55 as this is "restoration season". I want to drive this thing badly! Its so nice here in Dec, Jan, and Feb-one can open the garage door for light and not use any A/C! Don't need fans running. Need to finish the bodywork so I can put the interior back together.

I need to finish the detour this floor has become. I'm happy with the rear floor repair. Here are photos of the next area I'm working on and could use some advice.

View attachment 3186446View attachment 3186447

Both photos are of the passenger front body mount area. In the first photo, taken from above, one can view the totality of the damage- body mount, floor pan, and inner rocker wall below floor. Second photo is view from below.

There is no other damage in this area. My thinking is that I don't need to replace entire floor pan or body mount. Maybe buy a mount f I can, then cut to use a portion? The inner wall needs to be patched once access is provided. Access seems to be the hardest part. How would you go about fixing this area? Thanks for your help.
Check out this thread if you have not already:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom