Tires - 1983 BJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just imported a 1983 BJ40 into Canada from Italy. I am interested in installing new tires and possibly rims. Vehicle has the original rims now. Preference for the tires are 33 x 10.5 R15 BFG K02’s. There is no lift kit installed now.

Looking for thoughts / guidance / suggestions about the above.

Lots of opinions on tires, but the KO2 is a pretty safe bet, I have 33x10.5s on mine and am happy with them. You may getting some rubbing at stock ride height.

Lots of opinions on tires, but the KO2 is a pretty safe bet, I have 33x10.5s on mine and am happy with them. You may getting some rubbing at stock ride height.
Thanks. Wasn’t sure about the potential for rubbing so this is good advice

31" there is no rubbing
33" normal driving no rubbing, full articulation there would be some rubbing in the rear

I had a set of those also 31-10.5x15. In my opinion, they are great when they are new. I got around 22,000 miles from them, mostly street driving. By then half the tread was gone and the noise became unbearable.

Just imported a 1983 BJ40 into Canada from Italy. I am interested in installing new tires and possibly rims. Vehicle has the original rims now. Preference for the tires are 33 x 10.5 R15 BFG K02’s. There is no lift kit installed now.

Looking for thoughts / guidance / suggestions about the above.
Just continue driving, those are perfect fit.

I have narrowed down my tire size and make of tire search. Pretty sure that I will pick up a set of 31” X 10.5” tires on 16”x8” wide rims. Tire brand will be either BFG K02’s or GoodYear Wrangler Duratrac’s. As my rims are 16’s, does any one see a conflict with rubbing, handling etc? Also curious about tire brand - thoughts about each tire, the good, the bad and the ugly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom