This thing is interesting. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with Shark... the ability to create this shows some pretty good craftsmanship skills. Its like a sculpture or art, certainly won't appeal to everyone's sense of what a FJ4X should be but it will appeal to someone.

The engine compartment looks like it was forgotten in the process. Craftmanship is in the details.

It’ll appeal to the kind of person that spends $100+ on pre-worn jeans

"A few years ago when this FJ was fully restored, the original inline-six was yanked and a rebuilt 350 cubic inch Chevy V8 went into its place under the hood"

i'm confused by their use of the words "fully" and "restored".

Fake patina will surely help the sale, that's the current flavor. It was posted here in it's "few years ago" paint and the reaction was much the same. You cynics are always looking deeper than the paint. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Someone built it to their unique vision, but when it's up for sale, not many will have that same vision. When I looked at it, I wish my vision had failed.

Fake patina will surely help the sale, that's the current flavor. It was posted here in it's "few years ago" paint and the reaction was much the same. You cynics are always looking deeper than the paint. :rolleyes:
Stop calling it "fake" patina! It is "faux" patina. That makes it artistic and valuable. Now say this, "Faux pas"-tina.:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom