Think I totaled the 200 today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
lc 14.jpeg
lc 11.jpeg
lc 10.jpeg
lc 12.jpeg
First of all I am amazed at how well the cruiser stood up to the beating it took . It's a 2011 LC and I'll let the photos speak for themselves. I was stopped on the road waiting for traffic to move and a white pick up came over the bridge and stopped really fast. I was thinking he was going to possibly hit me even though he had plenty of room to stop. The next thing I know there's a Tundra that swerved to miss the white pickup as he never saw anybody stopped till he was maybe 20 feet from the white truck going over 55 mph. He plowed into the side of the white truck ripping off the sheet metal and then rolled the Tundra. The white truck then ate the back end of the cruiser. I looked in the rear view and saw his truck off the ground. The spoiler damage is from the truck itself hitting the spoiler. I proceeded to hit the truck in front of me. My damage- rear window shattered into the cab and pushed the back end into the truck. Front end pushed in about 1.5 feet radiator into the engine, hood caved, quarter panels caved and both front doors cannot be opened all the way. Luckily I was the only one in the LC. Thanks agin to Toyota for designing a vehicle that absorbed that impact the way it did. I'd say white truck and Tundra were definitely totaled. I was surprised my airbags did not deploy but I think u have to be moving for that to happen. The guy in the Tundra bought himself a new Tundra, 2011 landcruiser, 2013 truck and the damage to the RAM 2500 that I hit.

Hope everyone was OK. Your LC sure did take some hits, but can you imagine what might have happened if you were in any less a vehicle? I agree with your sentiments on thanking Toyota. Hope you enjoy your new '14 LC.

Glad you came out ok. Thanks for your post, reminding me why my next rig is going to be a 200 series.

Glad you are ok and LC held up so well.

...via IH8MUD app

Yes mate she's totalled, glad you got out of it ok and as others have said good to see the 200 is a safe vehicle, makes me feel that little more comfortable when I'm driving mine.

LC held up pretty good even though it collided with pickup trucks. Tundra had a high center of gravity as there was a 6 inch Pro comp lift and big tires. Any abrupt turns at high speed will cause a rollover in SUVs or trucks (being lifted increases the chances little more). Since your LC collided in the front, your insurance maybe affected. Good to see everybody is safe. Vehicles can be replaced. Be safe.

That's pretty scary. The safety is one reason why I just bought my first LC. It's good to hear you walked away and are preparing to replace it with another one! Says a lot.

glad you are ok!!! this is actually why I want to go to the 200 series form my 100 series! toyota did a great job with the truck sacrificing its body for the safety of the driver.

Glad you are ok. Serious question though....I wonder what your 200 would have looked like had it been outfitted with an ARB bumper and tire carrier. The front damage would have most likely been minimal. Amazing how little damage was actually done though.

My normal vehicle is a fully outfitted 100 series with front and rear bumpers. I almost wish I could of tested the 100 instead. I would agree that I probably wouldn't of had any front end damage. I still think the rear Slee bumper would of been pushed into the truck but I doubt the vehicle would have been totaled like the 200 was.

...via IH8MUD app

100 will take the punishment as well. Working at a dealer that had a body shop, 100s / 200s hold up 300% better than domestic SUVs/trucks in heavy collisions. Even some of the Toyota/Lexus cars and small SUVs amazed me how they would be driven in with heavy damage. Amazing how that rear end held up, can you imagine if it was an Expedition with people in the third row?!

Your truck is definitely totaled. If the tundra didn't roll, it might be fixed. I had a newer truck flipped on its side, but didn't roll, and insurance decided to fix it.

Sorry about your truck, hope everyone was okay.

Last edited:
200 chassis is markedly stiffer and overall laden with additional safety features over the 100. Period.

Glad you are ok. Serious question though....I wonder what your 200 would have looked like had it been outfitted with an ARB bumper and tire carrier. The front damage would have most likely been minimal. Amazing how little damage was actually done though.

His rear bumper was hardly touched at all so it wouldn't matter what was on the rear. A tire carrier may have actually caused greater interior intrusion by putting a large but not very structural item between hitting vehicle and rear hatch which was pushed in by the observed amount of depth.

A tire carrier in this particular instance, such as those we usually have on Cruiser or Land Rover by Kaymar or ARB, could have been the difference between 3rd row occupants getting freaked vs going to the hospital.

Did the insurance co treat you ok?

Hopefully his policy covers all the vehicles. Most policy's are $100k policies those 3 vehicles totaled could be $100k.
Exactly. I am glad you are ok. If he has 100/300/100 then he wont have enough insurance to cover all of those vehicles. You might have to sue because your 200 is definitely totaled with that D pillar Damage. Do you have underinsured motorist property damage coverage on your policy?

Hopefully he doesnt have state min of 25/50/15.

Let us know. Sorry about your 200. Glad she did her job so well.

I would love to see the information you have that shows the 200 series is "better" "stronger" built then the 100 series. Stuff like torsional rigidity, frame size, etc. trying to rationalize upgrading to a 200 series and strength of build is a top priority to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom