Builds The Oddball 80 - Middle East GX Renovation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

#91andnewer here we come. Good to see an 80h8er come around. Guess it pays to take pics of burgers lol

Sweet score. Even if you only live to talk trash about em :D

Interesting find.

Looks like it may have been used by the US Military or Government at some point in it's life, locally acquired vehicles are sometimes leased by those entities.

SWA = Southwest Asia Theater (of military operations)

The speed limit sticker (printed in English by the US Gov/Mil IMO) is for the different vehicle types ie: dont' exceed those limits even if the local speed limit is higher.

AMV = Armored Vehicle
NTV = Non-Tactical Vehicle

Check under the center console for US coins or a black US Government pen
that might have slipped down there. Does it look like any extra antennas were mounted to it anywhere in the past?

FWIW

Last edited:
Interesting find.

Looks like it may have been used by the US Military or Government at some point in it's life, locally acquired vehicles are sometimes leased by those entities.

SWA = Southwest Asia Theater (of military operations)
The speed limits are for the different vehicle types
AMV = Armored Vehicle
NTV = Non-Tactical Vehicle

For sure. Like I said, this was Desert Storm/Provide Comfort times. I was there and was not a Cruiser guy at the time so never noticed the 1000s of these base GXs all over the place.

Surely some .gov moneys were involved swapping it from a carb to fuel injection too.

Does the trailer have an ID plate, locally made??

It would be cool to keep the SWA Theater speed limit sticker, it's part of the vehicle's history.

Last edited:
Excellent. 16s?

Of course

DDDA323F-E024-42F3-9CFD-1FC73C296BCA.jpeg

What a gem - a beautifully awkward donkey.

From whom did you order those steelies?

Certainly looks like an original spare. Curious what that spare wheel looks like. I would assume it's 15 inches if it's a 91.

Amazing truck, er wagon!

What an interesting rig!

having Onur say that it might be a museum piece due to its rarity is pretty cool, and kind of sucks. Perhaps it should be repaired and preserved, though I’d want to use something like that to its full extent. Kind of a “have your cake and eat it too” scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom