The "Nowhere Else to Put This Insane Crap" thread NEPTIC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ran into @afgman786
IMG_0231.jpeg
IMG_0235.jpeg
IMG_0242.jpeg
IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

Last edited:

That was a decent shop review. I like my KO2's because they are strong tires. They are not that great in mud at all and suck in snow. I would like to go up to the KM-3's in 33" for my next tire buy but I have a lot of life left in the KO2's

My wife's Audi EV was rear ended on Thursday in McLean. Got pushed into another car. No injuries. No airbags. Adjuster came out yesterday to look at the car and was kinda dismayed at all the damage from such a moderate crash. I'm pretty sure the car's architecture has been tweaked. The door gaps on the right side are all tighter on the bottom than the top. One headlight might be broken... $9100 for just the part. Modern cars, and EVs in particular, are for suckers. :confused:
Every part I looked up was at least a grand. Aluminum hood $2K. Taillights $3K. Diffuser $2K. It's nuts. Must be a few dozens parts needed before it's even torn down.

I'm hoping for a fast total out. Else it's gonna be potentially a six to 9 month repair. There aren't many decent shops that are certified to work on aluminum bodied Audi EVs. My first choice is Euro Pros in G-burg, but they can't even look at it for four months. lol.

Had to fight my way through, around and past a truly incompetent adjuster up the food chain at my insurer. Found the right person and the car was totalled out shortly thereafter.

It's sitting down at F-burg Copart. I really hope it gets parted out and not rebuilt.

Flew into NYC yesterday. As usual, I reserved a compact economy car. As usual, they had none so they gave me "Anything in that lot over there". I was headed towards a brand new KIA SUV when I saw an extreme rarity in my USA rental car experiences - a Toyota! So I bee lined to the black, 2024 RAV4 Hybrid with 595 miles on it. I threw my bag in the back, put my water and phone and charge cable (with 12v plug because I hate when the only USB I can find automatically connects the phone to the display) in the front, then turned the key. Nothing. Foot on brake? Doors closed? In park? All yeps. Tried again. And again. There's no tach, so I can't even see if there's RPMs and maybe it's just a reeeeeally quite engine. Then I scratched my head at the word READY on the dash. What the hell could that possibly mean if it won't even turn over? Oh...Turns out it's a funny way to spell "Electric Vehicle".

That’s funny. My wife did the same thing when she drove her boss’s car. Which is now my wife’s car.

I rented a RAV 4 in Florida last year. (ICE no hybrid) and as I drove down the road try to change lanes it kept pulling to the original lane! I was like s*** there’s something wrong with this thing. After 30 minutes of driving I realized it was the lane assist trying to keep me in my lane because I was not using my turn signal to change lanes!

That’s funny. My wife did the same thing when she drove her boss’s car. Which is now my wife’s car.

I rented a RAV 4 in Florida last year. (ICE no hybrid) and as I drove down the road try to change lanes it kept pulling to the original lane! I was like s*** there’s something wrong with this thing. After 30 minutes of driving I realized it was the lane assist trying to keep me in my lane because I was not using my turn signal to change lanes!
I would like to make that tech mandatory for southern MD vehicles.

This is an insanely low price by almost $500 from normal plus you can get another 30% off including whatever parts/a plumber costs to get it installed in a tax rebate ($600 max). Also has a built in recirc pump for instant hot water that you can retrofit without a dedicated pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom