The "Nowhere Else to Put This Insane Crap" thread NEPTIC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rode into work with a coworker today. Turns out she has a 2004 Cayenne, apparently she bought it for $5k a year ago, put $5k of work into it, and now wants to get rid of it but CarMax only offered $700 so it’ll go on Craigslist for $2000.

Interior wasn’t in the best condition (missing headliner + scratched up rear seats) but it seems to have a center/rear locker. Drove great though.

Really wish I had an extra parking space because I’m sure wheeling a car I don’t intend to keep for the rest of my life would be a blast…

@Svensk120 there is a new Bofang out. The UV82. The nice thing this does is it can talk on 2 Chanels with an A or B PTT button. The old ones only monitor 2 channels. Or I’ll sell you one of my preprogrammed uv9’s. I don’t need a 4th radio!

Well, I have no idea what you are talking about 😉

The Baofeng UV-5R is the most popular and has all of the necessary features and is relatively inexpensive. They are easy to program via the front panel (takes a while) or using the Chirp software (free download) a cable is required - Amazon has them. They will require a factory reset (press and hold PTT, Monitor & VFO buttons, turn on radio, display will say “factory “) before programming. I can program them for you or I can send you the frequency file if you want to do it yourself.
I would get at least a pair. They come in handy for a variety of events/convoys when trying to stay connected with the better half.

🤫

Easy to program with a PhD in radios. Haha

Perfect for off road fixes.

Nice! 1 1/2 hour recharge time is not bad considering other options. Hate to think what that cost, but I could see it coming in handy on a farm or small job.

Nice! 1 1/2 hour recharge time is not bad considering other options. Hate to think what that cost, but I could see it coming in handy on a farm or small job.

$3600.00

Deboss garage just did a video on a cheap welder powered by that M18 1800W power pack. Seemed to work pretty good for around $1000 assuming that you have the batteries already

Merging onto 7 Bypass in Leesburg behind a newer dark 4Runner. Didn't notice the stack of sheetrock on his roof. Apparently held down by a single piece of nylon line at the midpoint.
The s*** folded over, snapped and fluttered into the air just high enough to give me time to avoid. #CodeBrown

I'm normally on high alert in that area around the home depot.... couple years back, this was probably the worst thing I've ever personally seen over there.
20191023_124411.jpg

Yup, that's a big bundle of pvc trim boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom