The "Nowhere Else to Put This Insane Crap" thread NEPTIC (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was at paloza2 which was chilli peppers, Jane’s, Ministry, etc... at Lake FFX. I drove up from Richmond with 3 friends and we bought our tickets from scalpers at the gate. It was a blast. Best memory was peppers in underwear with flaming hats on.

Is that @Felix in the center of the bottom row?

1599262015392.png

Sitting on the dock of a house on a river in a valley. Mostly permanent residential for 6-7 miles. 100-300yds wide. It’s 11:10pm. Some asshat has been running an airboat (if you’ve never heard one, think small helicopter at water level) up and down the river and in and out of coves for 2 hours now over about a 1-2 mile stretch. Three pencil beam lights up front just to highlight the full extent of his idiocy.

Imagine somebody lapping your house with a drag-built 454 with straight pipes. Now imagine the acoustic reflectivity of water.

Send. Rounds.

Back home now, so no air boat revenge concerns for the time being. I thought about playing a sample of a ma duece thru 20,000 watts of PA system left over from my last life, maybe some flares too, the next time I’m there but even with that he’d never hear it over his engine, especially if he’s wearing muffs, and the neighbors would be even more pissed at me than him (and scared!). But what a way to be told that I’m no longer welcome somewhere!

Nobody on that end of the river seems to know who this guy is or if he’s a local. Found out he shows up about every 4-6 weeks, and only at night.

Meh, rant over. Unless y’all have some good revenge ideas??? Ha!

Last year, my new neighbor's adult live-at-home son decided to fire up the tractor and mow an adjacent field at about 1130P. Every light on the tractor was lit.
My dogs didn't care for it. The boss didn't care for it.
Not wanting to cross property lines in the dark, I grabbed a 5 bajillion spotlight and lit his ass up until he parked the tractor.

The next day he came over and was like WTF??! so I, using a few colorful words, explained to him that he was being an a****** and should he decide to do that in the future it might not be photons coming his way.

He hasn't done it since, but still manages to bug the s*** out of me at least 1X/week doing other annoying s***.
Parents bought the house, and have their two adult sons living with them AND one of their girlfriends. WTF has happened to the human race?

/rant off

Back to the my original post content in this thread, Emmet Swimming...they came up on the iPod just now and, as a former working musician, I gotta say that their tune "The Dance" is as successful a jab at the recording industry as AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" was towards the rigors of a working band's life on the road.

"Gone, our dreams of second houses, rising from the ashes of naïve".

And, for a healthy dose of generally misunderstood lyrical awesomeness...

what memories... i used to see them a lot at TT Reynolds, my h.s. buddy did management and lights for them. And their drummer, Tamer, and I went to HS together, i used his ID as mine for a while before i turned 21....

@PRADO3 and all others in the flooded areas yesterday...y'all ok? Got to VA last night just in time to see the 11pm news and I was amazed.
Thanks @JohnVee we are all good up on our hill here... saw this light on Friday night as I lay down for bed and thought aliens were finally here. Turns out it was a memorial for 9/11... this is also how I found out that my bedroom window overlooks the Pentagon.

EC075A6F-0F95-43BA-A0D6-970D5B849FCB.jpeg
48C36E17-8B6D-4551-8D5E-F318773545DC.jpeg

Pics that didn't make the cut.

Keep an eye out for Toyota Trails. I hear there's a hell of an ONSC story this month.
Can’t wait to give it a read. Ill check it out tomorrow. In the meantime... click the link to see how this goes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom