The "Nowhere Else to Put This (insane) Crap Thread" NEPTIC (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
Another 'Chat' thread seems so blah, so NEPTIC will have to suffice, but consider it a shīte repository for whatever you feel needs to be said.

These guys were contemporaries of mine from Fairfax. Emmet Swimming. George Mason University. ~1990 origin. I had just moved south. The most horrible era in music to just play what you want and try to succeed (unless you were in Seattle). They did well but never scored big. Loved seeing them every time they came to Charlotte or West Palm Beach or wherever I was at the time.

This particular song comes to mind every time I see Rob Lowe or a @PRADO3 post. Don't miss how they're all occupied with other things while they're playing. Oh, what a time it was.

"They all have a motto, be rich dress poor"
"..who's your favorite Kennedy"
"I live next to Fugazi"

Another 'Chat' thread seems so blah, so NEPTIC will have to suffice, but consider it a shīte repository for whatever you feel needs to be said.

These guys were contemporaries of mine from Fairfax. Emmet Swimming. George Mason University. ~1990 origin. I had just moved south. The most horrible era in music to just play what you want and try to succeed (unless you were in Seattle). They did well but never scored big. Loved seeing them every time they came to Charlotte or West Palm Beach or wherever I was at the time.

This particular song comes to mind every time I see Rob Lowe or a @PRADO3 post. Don't miss how they're all occupied with other things while they're playing. Oh, what a time it was.

"They all have a motto, be rich dress poor"
"..who's your favorite Kennedy"
"I live next to Fugazi"

Fun video. I definitely haven’t been bar hopping in Clarendon or crowd surfing in far too long... and that was definitely a fun era to be growing up in Portland, OR... Vans warped tour... la luna... subhuman reunion tour... and local grunge...

I’ll never forget punks throwing beer bottles at my mom’s Subaru when she came to pick me from the Subhumans concert. It was pretty funny. I think I got into her car with a cigarette in my mouth. I was 15 at the time. She was not impressed.

Who remembers this?

whfs 99.1.jpg

I'll do you one better, @1MOA ... I remember back when they were 102.3 WHFS, broadcasting from the top of Triangle Towers in Bethesda! Damn I miss that station something fierce! Every Frantic Friday Weasel would end his shift playing the Beastie Boys' (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right, Joe "King" Carrasco's Party Weekend, and of course local faves the Slickee Boys' When I Go to the Beach. *sigh* Haven't listened to music on the radio since they changed to "El Sol" over lunchtime back in early 2000s.

1595119513848.png

the slickee boys - when I go to the beach

Waiting on Fall Crawl 2020. Might be the only 'wheeling trip I get this year.
Did you say Fall Crawl???? I have a lot going on and will have for the next few months, but hope to relax and hang out at Fall Crawl, I might even pass out again!

Did you say Fall Crawl???? I have a lot going on and will have for the next few months, but hope to relax and hang out at Fall Crawl, I might even pass out again!

It is in the works. The dates and location are set. We will really be getting back to basics this year, I suspect.

We used to camp out in the Mattress Warehouse parking lot to get HSFestival tickets. Those were good times.
I believe the first HSFestival was held at Lake Fairfax. Concrete Blond played. Think the first Lalapalooza was too. Different part of the park. Body Count, Jane's Addiction, Living Color, Siouxsie and the Banshees. Hot a F and they ran out of water and beer.

I don't remember the year, but I remember missing the first (maybe 2) Lala's at Lake Fairfax. I like to think I was busy at band practice but my parents might have had some influence on my absence... I can't speak to HSFestival.

I believe the first HSFestival was held at Lake Fairfax. Concrete Blond played. Think the first Lalapalooza was too. Different part of the park. Body Count, Jane's Addiction, Living Color, Siouxsie and the Banshees. Hot a F and they ran out of water and beer.

I was there. They started shipping in trucks full of bottled water and handing them out as fast as they could. The mosh pit in front of Body Count created a cloud reminiscent of the Dust Bowl. It was chaotic and thrilling. Lucky nobody died.

I was there. They started shipping in trucks full of bottled water and handing them out as fast as they could. The mosh pit in front of Body Count created a cloud reminiscent of the Dust Bowl. It was chaotic and thrilling. Lucky nobody died.
Totally agree. It was a major cluster. So freaking hot. I had a couple buddies that knew the area around the park. We found a spot where we could hear the music. We camped out there for a while and drank beer. At some point we made our way in through and unofficial entrance.

Saw Emmet Swimming at Planet Nova many times back in the day. Good times!
They're supposed to be playing a couple of dates at the Tally Ho in Leesburg mid-October.
Todd Watts lives just down the road from me.

And speaking of Tally Ho, Living Color has played a couple times. It sells out so fast, never been able to get tickets.

Saw Emmet Swimming at Planet Nova many times back in the day. Good times!
They're supposed to be playing a couple of dates at the Tally Ho in Leesburg mid-October.
Yep. I got tix for Friday, 10/16. Not sure what COVID will have to say about that but I know that most of my friends who own clubs, run venues, work production, tours, etc are mostly not expecting to be working until at least next year. Literally ZERO income since March. About the only musicians working anymore are the locals who play outdoors at breweries (or in grocery store parking lots trying to get a few bucks before being kicked out).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom