Builds The Little Red Lobster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They look great! Are you lifted at all?

No, stock height.

So we still have time to work on you, eh?

Haven't changed my mind yet.
Yet apparently is the operative word.

Sitting here on a Monday morning. Debating whether I should drop the price on the Lobster. Move it along, "one and done", simplify. Sensible answer, no doubt. Then that little voice whispers "she's so close, finish the job". Install the Sniper, a few tweaks here and there. "You can make room for the 45 and this one" says the devil sitting on my shoulder. I make the mistake of eyeballing the @wngrog Patina thread and start wondering how a white FST would look on the Lobster. :hmm:
20200608_151600-S.jpg
Patina%20White%20top-S.jpg

Last edited:
Bunch of enablers on this board.
View attachment 2442373

If you're hoping for someone around here to help you rein in your cruiser ownership... you might be waiting awhile.

And yeah, that does look awesome. You'd HAVE to get those doors to go with the soft top.

If you're hoping for someone around here to help you rein in your cruiser ownership... you might be waiting awhile.

And yeah, that does look awesome. You'd HAVE to get those doors to go with the soft top.
This board and the people on it are a huge part of what makes these things so great. I have plenty of reasons to rein in cruiser ownership in my life out here; a little enabling on the forum is a good thing. :cheers:

Yes, those doors really make the package.

Bunch of enablers on this board.
View attachment 2442373
To be 100% sure that @wngrog remains dizzy, and I look ridiculously indecisive, I've decided to keep the Lobster. The little devil on the shoulder won.

@whitey45 I think it was you who gave the final push back from the edge with that pic. @jmlockwood was doing a fair amount of behind the scenes work. Everything I said about not needing so many trucks, freeing up space, etc is still true. It just doesn't matter. There is no logic here. In the end, I thought I would regret it, and there aren't a lot out there.

She'll be warm inside over the winter, away from here, where she'll undergo the knife. I am still serious about having finished trucks (as finished as these ever are). Disc front axle, new TRE, Holley sniper. And yes, the white FST.

Anyone have a set of FST doors for the lobster?

Last edited:
I too battle the sickness, why do we want so much! I have come to the point of letting go of too many rare old cruisers, so now my thought is to keep what I have now. They are not going to get any easier to find in the future. Glad I could help😜
Your telling me! They have been coming and leaving in and out of my life for 35 years now! Man I'm getting old and did somebody mention dizzy??? @ sixty years old I'm beginning to realize I don't have too many good years left!

@navydivedoc are you available as a peer counselor??? I'm lost at sea and this thread shines thru the fog like the Currituck Lighthouse!
By the way There are many stories to pass on about that beautiful SWB rig that has found it's way into your stable. She's got a great bloodline that stretches across this great country/forum of ours, I look forward to sharing them, and hearing yours as they are made!
20160416_110724.jpg

Screenshot_20200925-103012_Chrome.jpg

@whitey45 drug more parts home just so I had a project to hang that tailgate I bought off of you a few years ago!
20200923_140625.jpg

Your telling me! They have been coming and leaving in and out of my life for 35 years now! Man I'm getting old and did somebody mention dizzy??? @ sixty years old I'm beginning to realize I don't have too many good years left!

@navydivedoc are you available as a peer counselor??? I'm lost at sea and this thread shines thru the fog like the Currituck Lighthouse!
By the way There are many stories to pass on about that beautiful SWB rig that has found it's way into your stable. She's got a great bloodline that stretches across this great country/forum of ours, I look forward to sharing them, and hearing yours as they are made!
View attachment 2445741
View attachment 2445717
@whitey45 drug more parts home just so I had a project to hang that tailgate I bought off of you a few years ago! View attachment 2445720
I look forward to hearing the tales from this great rig, and making my own. I'll try to be worthy. I would rather have driven it north myself, but new job and time off aren't mixing currently.

Unfortunately, by the time it makes it north, it'll get tucked away for NH snow season. No way this truck ever sees a salty road. I'll have to go out and pet it in my garage and long for spring!

I could have saved you from that purchase if I knew you had a tailgate. I could use one for the Lobster. You don't have any FST doors tucked away in the stash, do you?

I've had lots of cool unobtainium (some located on your truck) over the years but never any soft top doors! Have had the chance to have some and even been offered a pair for free.
I just never liked them and never dreamed they would have been so valuable all these years later. Chad @wilecan you help a fellow out?

Thanks. Not mission critical in truth, as it will be a sunny day summer truck and live without doors and the windows most if not all of the time. But, for completeness sake, nice to have.

Last edited:
20200926_133605.jpg

A little fall foliage run into VT today.

20200927_102949_HDR.jpg

Finally got to put the Lobster in low range today. Open hubs, mostly for the crawl speed, but still a good day.
61 woods.jpg

61 woods rear.jpg

61 summit road.jpg

Those are primo pics!

Lobster is safely delivered for a winter nap and some upgrades.

And getting a stable mate

8AFAAB6B-5073-40FA-B998-637EDD1B6975.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom