Builds The great Stoffel (HJ61 build) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr. Tibbs: What year BJ71?

If the old body style I am very interested in seeing Jason's results with the front bumper.

Also your 61 looks like an off road hearse....

In a really good way.

:)

O, My wife said the same thing about the hearse... I love it!!

'88 BJ71

J

DSC00566.JPG

Good. Old style.

Please proceed Jason and let's see what artistry you come up with next....

(Keep the body and frame measurements please... ;) )

Good. Old style.

Please proceed Jason and let's see what artistry you come up with next....

(Keep the body and frame measurements please... ;) )

This 71 will get a combo tube and plate for both bumpers that follow the body lines. I plan on making a jig for the front and rear. Hopefully sliders and jig there as well. Also, going to try and tack up as many front/rear shells/frame mounts as I can in the next two weeks. I'll be ready for you..

J

Those sliders are awesome! @reevesci Great idea with the perforated metal for the steps. Did you go paint or PC? (I'm guessing some VHT paint).

Just in love with the high roof. Are you planning on blacking it all out? Think Mr. Tibbs would look insanely good (I know there are two definite camps on Chrome/vs black out).

I think the plan is to black out most of it, but keep some chrome accents. The wheels will stay chrome along with the door handles and possibly the mirrors. I think the black on black on black on black look is too much. Plus, there might be a repaint in the future at some point and I might want some of the chrome accents!

Mr. Tibbs: What year BJ71?

If the old body style I am very interested in seeing Jason's results with the front bumper.

Also your 61 looks like an off road hearse....

In a really good way.

:)

Yep, 1988 BJ71. The wife gave Jason some ideas that she likes for her rig and I think the plan is for Jason to mock up some "traditional" bumpers while he has it.

And as far as the 61 hearse, I love it! I already know it will fit at least two bodies in the back! Lol:grinpimp:

Oh, this is turning out to be my favorite HJ61!
(Except from mine...)

I would love sliders like that, only thing I would have different, is have the steps at the same height as the slider, for a bit more height when bushing and bashing.

I do think you're beeing smart, not blacking everything over.
Keep some bling :p

those sliders are sick!! are they a bolt on or weld on slider?

"edit" i actually just talked to jason and he said they are developing a bolt/weld on slider so you can do what ever you want! just answering my own question.

i'm ordering some!!

Last edited:
What is it?

Man your rig is beautiful, but that exhaust.. eeeeeewwww

It's the rebel alliance logo man!! And I know, the exhaust has to go. All in good time, until I find that damn money tree!:p

did you paint or PC the rear tire carrier and sliders?

Casey go to state radiator. The did a trick straight pipe exhaust on my hj. Gave a bit more power too. No muffler and it was awesome

Casey go to state radiator. The did a trick straight pipe exhaust on my hj. Gave a bit more power too. No muffler and it was awesome
Is that the same place rebuilding old Blue? How much was the straight pipe?

A few updates. The boys at Cruiser Outfitters have had my rig for the past week doing a few upgrades. First installed was the OME lift. Heavy duty plus in the rear and medium duty in the front. I gained just over one inch in the front and 4 inches in the rear! :D They also did a front axle knuckle rebuild, installed chromoly Birfs and a short side axle shaft, new TRE boots, and adjusted the brakes. I also received my front bumper back and installed it today. Driving home I was smiling ear to ear! I couldn't be happier with the way this build is turning out. I'm soooooo freaking happy!!!:D:clap::)

Pics:

IMGP3335-L.jpg

Before lift left side

IMGP3346-L.jpg

After lift left side

IMGP3337-L.jpg

Before lift right side

IMGP3348-L.jpg

After lift right side

IMGP3350-L.jpg

New front bumper!!

IMGP3351-L.jpg

IMGP3354-L.jpg

IMGP3355-L.jpg

Sexy under carriage with new lift!!

Only about 1000 times better!! Lol Seriously, I know the springs still need to settle in a bit but it is so much nicer. And the steering is tighter! I needed a knuckle rebuild pretty bad and a new steering dampener helped out a lot.

Only about 1000 times better!! Lol Seriously, I know the springs still need to settle in a bit but it is so much nicer. And the steering is tighter! I needed a knuckle rebuild pretty bad and a new steering dampener helped out a lot.

HA! Knuckle rebuild is a quick thing. Kurt will fix you up there. New components make all the difference.

J

Cruiser envy!! Love this build. Maybe I'll see you and it at cruiser fest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom