Builds The great Stoffel (HJ61 build) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stage one of the sleep platform build. I found that it helps to have a retired father that is bored at home. All I did was give him my ideas, some sheets of plywood and off he went!! For the next stage I will build the second half of the sleep platform where the back seats are now. Stage three is drawers.

IMGP2838-XL.jpg

IMGP2841-XL.jpg

IMGP2844-XL.jpg

Looks great, I'm jealous!

How do you have the forward portion of your platform stowed, when the back seat is in normal position?

Looks great, I'm jealous!

How do you have the forward portion of your platform stowed, when the back seat is in normal position?
That would be in the garage! Lol :D

Really though, the second section will only be used while on a camping trip so I will keep it stowed away until we need it. When we want to go camping the rear seats will come out (4 bolts each seat) and the second section will be installed.:clap:

That would be in the garage! Lol :D

Really though, the second section will only be used while on a camping trip so I will keep it stowed away until we need it. When we want to go camping the rear seats will come out (4 bolts each seat) and the second section will be installed.:clap:

Haha, that's cool. I usually have my sons with me, so I need the back seat functional. If I didn't, I would definitely go your route.

Haha, that's cool. I usually have my sons with me, so I need the back seat functional. If I didn't, I would definitely go your route.
Gotcha, in my case it's just me and the wife so it's easy to set up the second section before we hit the trails. If we had a passenger or two I would definitely have to figure something out to store it until we set up camp. It would be interesting to see what others have come up with for that situation.

I'm so jealous! Hopefully in the next couple months I can start my campin rig. Now if I can just find the right HJ61..... Awesome job on the deck, how tall is the storage space underneath?

Yesterday I ventured into the vast land know as Wyoming to meet up with reevesci and pick up my new rear bumper! It was great to get to meet Jason and have him help (by help I mean he did all the work and I provided support) with the removal of my old step bumper so I can install a new double swing out rear that he made. I can't wait to get this bad boy powder coated and installed on Stoffel!! Here are a few pics (some that I stole from Jason):

IMGP3126-XL.jpg

IMGP3144-XL.jpg

dsc00329-jpg.1052464

dsc00337-jpg.1052465

dsc00340-jpg.1052467

Thanks again Jason! I'll see you in a couple of weeks to pick up the sliders and drop off the wife's BJ71!

Oooh, this is good!
And I envy your license plate!!
Will you move the exhaust out of harm's way, looks like they will drag easily.

Can you show of the mount of the quarter protection to the frame?

Are those tires 33x10,5?

Oooh, this is good!
And I envy your license plate!!
Will you move the exhaust out of harm's way, looks like they will drag easily.

Can you show of the mount of the quarter protection to the frame?

Are those tires 33x10,5?

I plan on replacing the exhaust soon(ish) with 3 inch from the down pipe to the rear. Final placement will be determined then but I agree, what is there now is wayyyyy too low!

There is no mounting of the quarter protection to the frame. Jason has welded a backer plate on the inside of the bumper to stiffen up that area. If there ever is an issue with flex he has offered to weld it to the frame to make it stiffer.

Yes, the tires are the 33x10.50 BFG AT's. When I received the rig it had 33x12.50 tires, but I like the narrower tires so I swapped them.

Cool, I'm also going for 3' from the downpipe.
I have most parts in ss from the previous rig.

I seem to remember there was a downpipe manifold on the market, that bolts to the turbo going straight to a 3' outlet. Know of it, or just going to weld?

I have a friend that wants to trade a set of km2s in that narrow size, for a cheap winch I have laying around.
Interested to see what it does to my daily mileage. If the wheels fit.
What wheel width and bs do you run?
3.7 diffs like me?

Yesterday I ventured into the vast land know as Wyoming to meet up with reevesci and pick up my new rear bumper! It was great to get to meet Jason and have him help (by help I mean he did all the work and I provided support) with the removal of my old step bumper so I can install a new double swing out rear that he made. I can't wait to get this bad boy powder coated and installed on Stoffel!! Here are a few pics (some that I stole from Jason):

IMGP3126-XL.jpg

IMGP3144-XL.jpg

dsc00329-jpg.1052464

dsc00337-jpg.1052465

dsc00340-jpg.1052467

Thanks again Jason! I'll see you in a couple of weeks to pick up the sliders and drop off the wife's BJ71!

It was a pleasure. Thanks for the help and letting me drive the 61... My Andrea is in CT, but shaking her head as I ramble on that I WANT THAT!!!! I have a GOOD DISEASE! and surrounded by many others with the same problems... Its a good click for sure.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom