The Coleman Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rocking some Coleman gear on the annual ExpeditionUtah Relic Run. Since 2009 we've been roaming the Mountain West 😎

20230716_080918.jpg

^^^

Very nice. Sometimes the build date is stamped on the bottom by Coleman.

Pretty cool. ;) How does it work, ice in the big bin? Seems like the label/tag on the lid would be turned 90 degrees. Never seen one before. It's very similar in size, shape type of plastic interior and latch as our old green regular style we bought new in the 80's.

Really nice condition compared to ours that's been dragged around and beat up over the years. Nice find.

Question for the gurus here: I've been doing a light refresh on a 1935 228B I picked up a few years ago. Replaced the generator, fuel cap gasket and put new mantles on it and it lights fine, but doesn't burn very bright and there is a faint orange flame that dances around the outside of the mantles. What would cause this? For comparison the 200A I finished prior to this one burns much brighter even on a single mantle.
IMG_5603.jpeg

Question for the gurus here: I've been doing a light refresh on a 1935 228B I picked up a few years ago. Replaced the generator, fuel cap gasket and put new mantles on it and it lights fine, but doesn't burn very bright and there is a faint orange flame that dances around the outside of the mantles. What would cause this? For comparison the 200A I finished prior to this one burns much brighter even on a single mantle.
View attachment 3478992
Sounds like it’s running rich, perhaps?
Might benefit from more air.
Check the intake tube (? Official name) to make sure it’s not restricted somewhere.
I’ve found spider webs inside them before, and all kinds of moth/bug debris inside the collar.
Also check burner/mantle tubes and screens for restrictions.

That said, I have some in my collection that burn humbler than others no matter what I fettle with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom