The Coleman Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good stuff on this thread.
Finished this one for a “picker” friend. He’s always keeping an eye out for me for Coleman stuff. He found this one in a junk pile in a plastic Lantern Caddy.
the caddy had filled with water at some point.

A9B4BD85-6D89-4B67-BE3C-0CB281E8D4A7.jpeg

21B51FD8-8CD5-4210-B560-3ADA8C511889.jpeg

It took me 4 days to read through this thread, backwards. It also motivated me to go and find the stainless coffee percolator I knew was out in the garage, and saw some Coleman green paint. Dug a little further and found this 424 Dual Fuel stove that's UNFIRED and bought back in 2008.
23021.jpeg

After I pulled it out, I remembered buying it as the last gas stove I saw on the shelf at Target and marked down for a quick sale. I moved it at some point and lost track of it. Out of sight, out of mind, until last week. Looking forward to building an effective swing out kitchenette with this and some other arrangements.

The lantern is a 295-700T from 6/96, bought back then for camping and still going strong today,

Noticed that vintage tank and the oven in the "weekend" thread. Fantastic photos, looks like an awesome trip.

*Insert Pilsbury DoughBoy meme here*
Thank you! It was such a good time. And this stove has worked fantastically, every time. Cinnamon rolls on a mountain top are my new favorite things. 😋

Not to speak for @BHillteq but that one looks like the "newer" style but could be 20 years old. I've never seen a really old one in person but I think they have a diamond pattern and maybe some red? They look really cool and come up on the Bay every so often. I have the newer style and it works great but I'd love to have an old style one.

^^^

I dunno. Far from an expert on these stoves...but my 1st thought after seeing the stoves ‘legs’ is that it’s from the 80’s or so.

Not to speak for @BHillteq but that one looks like the "newer" style but could be 20 years old. I've never seen a really old one in person but I think they have a diamond pattern and maybe some red? They look really cool and come up on the Bay every so often. I have the newer style and it works great but I'd love to have an old style one.
Spot on! The oven is a newer one. Like, a year old lol. I too would love to find an older one, though! They function the same, but have cooler colors.

What kind of junk do you carry in your Coleman stove? I have an old, dirty, ratty bandana, a piece of stiff wire because the check ball became stuck once, a funnel for filling the tank, and a striker for lighting the stove.

Post up.

IMG_5263.jpg
IMG_5264.jpg
IMG_5265.jpg

What is this thing? If anyone wants it let me know.
2E02B025-2FA6-4189-826D-F62002D31426.png
1E901E1D-C3C1-4500-8B2F-639CCF4B77A5.jpeg
A40D02E2-5860-4851-BB33-91B8DD12556C.jpeg
C1D702F7-5553-4282-BDB0-10EFF93AEC8D.jpeg
97ECFF4E-B87A-4792-B738-4CAF2A1F954E.jpeg

I've never seen one of those before, which means its fairly rare, and well-worth that $150 - but unfortunately heavy and difficult to store or ship.

Cool find,

Garage sale find of the season (*so far). With weather cooling off, my wife-unit and I are getting out and about. Stopped just down the street at a neighbors garage sale and I walked away with this Coleman 220K195 from 6-83 complete with classic clamshell case, aluminum #0 funnel, 3 spare #21 mantles, warranty card, instruction booklet, and 2new mantles tied into place but not burned in. No damage to the ventilator enameled porcelain, minimal scrubbing on the bottom of the fount, pumps up nicely with a half tank of white gas and... UNFIRED.

20201024_083658.jpg

It's like a time capsule. I get to be the first to light this one up, and while the 220's never really caught my eye (something about the bail attachment...), this one was well worth the $10. It'll be fun to clean up, put some car wax on the green fount and enjoy it in the back yard.

I just need to avoid collecting any more of these things...

Garage sale find of the season (*so far). With weather cooling off, my wife-unit and I are getting out and about. Stopped just down the street at a neighbors garage sale and I walked away with this Coleman 220K195 from 6-83 complete with classic clamshell case, aluminum #0 funnel, 3 spare #21 mantles, warranty card, instruction booklet, and 2new mantles tied into place but not burned in. No damage to the ventilator enameled porcelain, minimal scrubbing on the bottom of the fount, pumps up nicely with a half tank of white gas and... UNFIRED.

View attachment 2474559

It's like a time capsule. I get to be the first to light this one up, and while the 220's never really caught my eye (something about the bail attachment...), this one was well worth the $10. It'll be fun to clean up, put some car wax on the green fount and enjoy it in the back yard.

I just need to avoid collecting any more of these things...
I wish you luck with abstaining, sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom