The Beer Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of the benefits of the new business is offering drinks in the evenings on the house as part of a happy hour like thing. Let's just say "dangerous" - - :)

I need to start tracking some of the stuff as typically people want to try multiple things in small quantities and want us to try it with them :)

We bought a B&B in downtown Pittsboro and are also running a Folk Art Gallery out of it. We live on premise. Wife runs the B&B, I still work in RTP. Very busy right now, but its been great.

Rosemary House Bed & Breakfast

The Kindred Gallery

We just brought the B&B back up after being down for two months from the previous owner.

The gallery includes our personal collection as well as a lot of new art from established regional artists we love. We are just getting that portion started - need to hang art, put together price lists and then promote it in the area.

Edit:

Artists:

Charlie and Susan Frye:
About The Folk Keepers

Peter Loose

Cher Shaffer:

Cher Shaffer Art

The Cap Man:

Welcome to The Cap Man : Athens, GA Folk Artist

Tim and Lisa Kluttz:

Home

Eric Legge

Others :)

Last edited:
IMG_5385.JPG

Wise Man brewing. Body electric dipa

Picked this up a couple weeks back at Oskar Blues, tried it last night.....12.9% ABV. Super chocolate taste at first, bourbon taste in the throat, very thick. I liked it but definitely only 1 in a session max for me....... :)

10fidy.png

Reposting in case everyone missed it while at the M&G.

Cleaning out my cellar. Anyone interested in these PM to work out details:

2 sets of vertical flights of KBS 2015-2017

Bourbon County
2016 (1)
2015 (2)
2014 (1)

New Japanese IPA brewed with bonito flakes (which is a fish)
Damn good.

aviary-image-1521173554289.jpeg

Last edited:
No beer posts for St Paddys day...... for shame LOL

I had a ton of green beer and green whiskey. This is the only one I personally made after getting home.

Killians Irish Green topped with a green Donut.

20180317_210459.jpg

My green st patty's day brew that was not green

IMG_5475.JPG

Currently my "private reserve" (not out for guests):

20180319_172933.jpg

I have a bunch of the Clown Shoes Josh the Guava king out for guests, too tho :)

Drinking the Knee Deep now - really well balanced and tasty for only 6% = reminds me of the complexity of more boozy stouts.

**Edit** The Earmuffs was just the name . . had to try that :)

The Traeblood was . .well like blood and really sweet. I didn't really enjoy it.

I am however, enjoying about everything Clown Shoes is making right now. :)

Also . . it is this time of year: Log In or Sign Up to View

A little Vermont IPA extravaganza this week (ok one's an APA, but whatever).
The Peasant King Imperial IPA, from the Burlington Beer Company, is the hands-down winner IMHO.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I covet that pint glass

@weejub Let us know how the Westbrook is. I swear I saw that at the big Taj Mah Teeter today. At least I hope so. I was on a mission that only included a cursory look as I cut through the beer aisle.

VERY sweet, but unlike some, still drink-able as it is balanced out on the back end by some bitter. I drank it as I smoked a cigar, so kinda different than typical.

I am TIRED of all the super sweet stouts. Prefer getting back to a nice dry stout that has some complexity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom