Builds The Architect's '77 FJ40 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Serious smoker, yes. That is 418 pounds of 10-gauge steel from Hutchinson, Kansas. It is a Yoder YS640 pellet grill, and I can smoke about 7 racks on the lower grates, and a few more on the upper. Probably about 10 racks if I wanted.

With a freshman in college and a freshman in high school, my son's football is now Thursday nights (Freshman Football) and Friday nights (Varsity Football). That gives me Saturday's for deer hunting and trout fishing with my son and the 40.

Serious - I'd say so! Competition ribs baby!

I help coach my 5th graders football team. Practice Mon Tues and Fri and game on Sat. 3rd grader has soccer games on Sat. (Wife gets him to practice Tues Thursday and Fri). That gives me Sunday to do, well, everything!

I hunt NE AL starting in Nov after football. Gives me and 5th grader til end of January to hunt on the weekends. Shot his first doe last year. Looking for some horn this year!

A marker in this thread on 9/18/15 - With the Chevron gas station next to my office starting to sell ethanol-free gas, I put 12 gallons in this morning. The plan is to run this gas for the foreseeable future. :)

100_pure_gas.jpg

We have a local station 12 miles away that offers 91 non-E , otherwise it's 32 miles to a Hy-Vee that carries both 87 & 91 non-E fuels . What irritates me is the price difference - .30-.90 cents per gallon higher for non ethanol . We pay taxes in several ways to subsidize the Ethanol market , yet get charged more when we don't use it ??
I will say this , both the Taco and the Cruiser run a lot better and get better mileage on the non-e ...

Sarge

A marker in this thread on 9/18/15 - With the Chevron gas station next to my office starting to sell ethanol-free gas, I put 12 gallons in this morning. The plan is to run this gas for the foreseeable future. :)

100_pure_gas.jpg
Rick is that for 87 or 91?
Keep us posted on what improvements it makes.

Rick is that for 87 or 91?
Keep us posted on what improvements it makes.

That is for 90 at the station I used. The plan is to post up my review after a few fill-ups.

For those reading this thread and wondering about where you can find "Ethanol-Free" gas in your respective area, click the "pure-gas.org" website. From there, click your state, and it has a locator system by towns and with maps.

The station is in Princeton 61356 on Route 6 (west Peru street) - Beck's Phillips 66 . Some of the Hy-Vee fuel stores (like Peru, Illinois) also have non-ethanol once you get away from the cities . I use either pure-gas.org or an app on my Nokia Win8 (grrr) phone called Gas Buddy - which uses member input on prices and fuel grades . I also have several old Wheel Horse garden tractors that absolutely hate ethanol - so I buy around 8 gallons at a time and use Sta-bil to store it for use in those old Kohler engines . Same with oil - it's nearly impossible to buy high zinc content oil for the Cruiser and the Horse's Kohlers - so I get a lot of bottles of Rislone concentrate - the Cruiser gets a whole bottle per oil change with Delo 400 diesel oil . The Horses use Mobile 1 standard dyno oil with Rislone - 8oz per oil change since they hold 2qts each . So far , so good , for now....

Sarge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom