The 60 series Rubithon thread! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it is easy to get a fairly stock 60 through both sluices. honest

sorry, image didn't attach the first time
old sluice tiny.jpg

nothing a 3" strap won't cure. huh? :doh:

clint
ha! actually, I had been pulling a rig on Walker Hill eariler and just stuck it away. My 60 did better SUA than with the later SOA.... mainly because I broke the ARB and ring gear in the back and didn't realize it for a while. then I sunk the truck crossing the creek at the springs near the slabs. but that is another story.

Chris

I have it on good authority that Mr and Mrs Cruiserdan will be on the run as well.
:D

He'll give you the list price of parts as you break them. Then you can :crybaby:

Yeah right. Only if I broke both legs.

wait till she reads this. it may happen sooner than you think.

Just sent in my registration. Hopefully I can find a crawler box before June otherwise I guess I'll be bumpin' things a bit. :hillbilly: My dad is flying down from Portland. We're both really looking forward to it.

no crawl box for me either. I will be right there with you!

Hopefully I'll be able to make this one. Depends on funding. Been a couple years since I've been on the Rubicon and this would be the first with the 60.

more wagons more wagons more wagons. It would be great to meet and wheel with you for sure.

How many more days!?!

Any more tech? Everyone just busy tidying things up from the winter hiatus?

asking around about spares and such I need to confirm but boots was talking about a tire repair kit he was working on. Maybe he will see this and post up. Otherwise anyone have any tips on tire repairs trailside?

Clint

I'm in! But it will be the 55 and not the 60... looking forward to wheel'n with you all!

pic added for effect :D (its an old one though)
945537473403_0_ALB.jpg
945537473403_0_ALB.jpg

Last edited:
asking around about spares and such I need to confirm but boots was talking about a tire repair kit he was working on. Maybe he will see this and post up. Otherwise anyone have any tips on tire repairs trailside?

Ratchet straps, plug kit, onboard air of some kind, lighter fluid for that gee whiz effect. I have tire irons.. though they are hiding really well in the shop from me at the moment.

There are a couple nice tire plug kits out there by Powertank. The deluxe one is what I bought- http://www.sidexsideaction.com/power-tank-keeps-you-rolln-with-the-heavy-duty-tire-repair-kit/, but you can get a basic one for about $20- http://www.carolinatruggies.com/content/tire-plug-kit

Or put the spare on?? If you aren't carrying a spare tire, well.. have fun with that.

Other tips- be sure to have jack points for your hilift. It does no good to carry around a 5' jack and have just a couple points to jack from. Shouldn't need one but it is nice to carry around a base, or just a 2x6 or 2x8 a foot or so long.

And finally, don't f-up your tires in the first place.

Last edited:
I plan on carrying a spare. Any tire over a 33" and you will need one sooner or later. Just trying to plan for some worse case scenario type stuff. I would hate to tear up a tire (or two) but it is what it is. I don't want to go crazy buying shtuff for ALL of the things that could go wrong just trying to be proactive on smaller items.

Has anyone mounted a spare driveline under thier rig somewhere?

I was thinking on top of the sliders between the frame and body?

I really don't want to put on the rack for this trip and would prefer not to put greasy driveline in the cab.

Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom