Telescoping steering wheel 07LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had my alternator replaced today and when I went to pick up my LX, the steering wheel was really really high forward. So much so that it was hitting the plastic lower shroud of the column. When I tried to adjust it, it telescopes in and out fine but when I went down it didn’t go very far down.
The range up and down are the same as before but it’s all shifted upward. I can’t believe the range allows the wheel to go so far up that it hits the plastic and almost cracks it.
Was able to reset it briefly by disconnecting the battery but it went back to the really high position and was staying there. The shop went through the obd but we had to quit for the night and figure it out tomorrow.
Wondering if it’s because the battery was drained and alternator replaced.
It’s just odd that the wheel wouldn’t go down to a normal level.
I’ve searched everywhere but haven’t seen anyone with similar problem.
Any ideas? Here’s my LX for reference.

13FC4F37-221E-4FA0-91DD-0E5FB887F775.jpeg

I can’t find anyone online with this issue but there’s got to be someone with similar experience. It’s definitely related to the dead battery/alternator change.

Perhaps try disconnecting the battery overnight. Beyond that, I would connect Techstream and dig deeper. An OBD code reader isn't likely to reveal much.

Perhaps try disconnecting the battery overnight. Beyond that, I would connect Techstream and dig deeper. An OBD code reader isn't likely to reveal much.
We figured it out. When the battery disconnected the steering wheel tilt over extended on the gear and game undone. Took the column apart and fix it without much work once we saw what had happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom