PSA: Steering Wheel Upgrade for 100 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased and installed an aftermarket steering wheel from Ebay on my 100. Had wheels from this seller on a couple of my old 4th gen 4runners, which is effectively the same steering wheel, so knew I liked the fit/finish and build quality.

Those were black however, so much easier to guarantee a color match. Found very little info when I was searching the forums before purchase regarding matching the wood and tan/beige interior of our 100 series. Ended up taking a leap of faith and very pleased, near perfect match in my opinion. Huge upgrade from stock leather wheel.

I am in no way connected to the seller, just thought I'd provide this info for others in the same boat who were hesitant to take the leap based on ebay photos alone.

Of note, this is for 03-07 100s, I believe he has a different model for the earlier years. He's got tons of wheels with different options and color combos and will build one custom if needed. Included screenshots of the one I ordered for reference. I paid $275 + $45 shipping. Took a couple weeks to ship from placing the order but got here incredibly fast from Taiwan once shipped.

Hope this helps someone that is in a similar boat as I was!

IMG_2446_210842.jpeg
IMG_2449_210842.jpeg
IMG_2409_210842.jpeg
IMG_2495_210841.png
IMG_2496_210841.png

Looks good, nice tip.

why does it have sort of a ridge going around it on the material wrap, is that how the OEM wheel is?

I'm sure there are forums on the install but for those of us looking here, post up some install tips. Quick and easy to remove and replace? Any special skills? What about the airbag, how do you work carefully around that?

Hey. Will take some pictures during the install and share them here. I’ve been busy putting together my 408 for my other car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom