Tech Day before Fall Crawl. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can’t make it the 17th. But that’s a great idea.

Where's your sense of adventure? Just bring a hammer, a rainbow wig, some 10mm sockets, a breakfast pizza, and a willingness to ignore all advice. You'll be fine.
you had me at 10mm sockets!

got a new uv-5r radio, usb data cable, downloaded the freqs file, downloaded Chirp, got the dreaded "could not open port " error when trying to accomplish mission, tried multiple usb ports, looked on the Webs for answers, tried some, still get "could not open port " What are the chances one of you know the workaround I search for?

got a new uv-5r radio, usb data cable, downloaded the freqs file, downloaded Chirp, got the dreaded "could not open port " error when trying to accomplish mission, tried multiple usb ports, looked on the Webs for answers, tried some, still get "could not open port " What are the chances one of you know the workaround I search for?
The cable I had received with my uv-5r radio, was not compatible, go figure :bang: .
I had to order a different cable.
Ed would be your best resource on radios.
I may or may not be able to attend tech day, tho can bring the cable to the Cove.

Did you follow the steps where you check device manager so you know which coms port it is. Along with making sure the radio is on but volume around 75% not all the way up and not on a common channel that would get traffic before clicking on the export button

I went through the same issues last night... Windows wouldn't recognize the cable.

Go to Baofeng and download the drivers for the cable. It also has a word document that will explain the process.

Check in Device Manager that you have the USB-Serial and you should be "muy bueno."

also, you have to turn the volume all the way up.

Then you have to download your radio files... Open the CLCC file and copy /paste them into your radio files. easy peacy.

That's as far as I got... LOL

Oh! forgot to mention... @emorth programed two (2) Baofeng UV-5R for me... they work great.

I decided to get an aditional one and I went with the UV-82 Pro. Amazon description claimed it would work up to 480MHz. I spent a few hours and couldn't make it to work. I was able to Rx.. But wouldn't Tx. Probably I was doing something wrong.

Anyways, returned them and got me a UV-5R. :)

are we up for stuffing a transfer case in my 100?

tc 1.jpg

tc.jpg

if you need two hands and a strong/questionable back to help, I'm game. I am not the guy to lead this job, but I can put bolts in without crossing them and other stuff.
hahaha appreciate the help, swapping cases isn't really a hard job. it's just nice to do on a lift and have an extra set of hands. @OTRAMM replace my center diff lock actuator with a new OEM unit not that long ago so that is the only thing that would need to be removed from my case and swapped into the new one. should be a fairly straightforward install

@TRDdrew you would know better than I on a 100. We should be able to if we can get on the lift early.

hahaha appreciate the help, swapping cases isn't really a hard job. it's just nice to do on a lift and have an extra set of hands. @OTRAMM replace my center diff lock actuator with a new OEM unit not that long ago so that is the only thing that would need to be removed from my case and swapped into the new one. should be a fairly straightforward install
Unlike @kevin in okinawa I CAN help your cross thread so you never have to worry about it coming off

I went through the same issues last night... Windows wouldn't recognize the cable.

Go to Baofeng and download the drivers for the cable. It also has a word document that will explain the process.

Check in Device Manager that you have the USB-Serial and you should be "muy bueno."

Then you have to download your radio files... Open the CLCC file and copy /paste them into your radio files. easy peacy.

That's as far as I got...

Success! finding the usb port in the device manager and ID'ing the port I think may have done the trick, thanks Afgman786; and unplugging the cable after the new driver from Baofeng was installed seemed important; and I had the thing in a vulcan death grip, Ed! :) . I got my freqs loaded! It's been a WHILE since I've said that.

That's as far as I got... LOL
Success! finding the usb port in the device manager and ID'ing the port I think may have done the trick, thanks Afgman786; and unplugging the cable after the new driver from Baofeng was installed.

Great turn out.... it was nice to put name and faces together. :)

Otramm shop is nice. You can eat of the floor, it's so clean and organized. 👍🏼

20211016_092013.jpg

20211016_092005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom