Tailgate latch electric connection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what the what the electrical connection on the latch of the upper rear tailgate is for. I’ll post a pic later today for reference. Thanks

Also wires run to rear wiper motor.

OSS, micruz60 thanks for the reply this is directly to the latch lock could it be a power lock actuator? The truck as far as I know does not have power locks

IMG_1937.jpeg

That connection is present on both 60 and 62, red wire with yellow white stripe. Perhaps it grounds the latch in order to allow the wiper and washer to function? My rear wiper on the 60 has intermittent behavior and when I went to look at the connection it was loose- I believe you’ve helped me solve an issue!
As to the power locks, they were on 62 series and the lock button for the tailgate is separate from the liftgate.
What year is your truck?

Last edited:
That connection is present on both 60 and 62, red wire with yellow stripe. Perhaps it grounds the latch in order to allow the wiper and washer to function? My rear wiper on the 60 has intermittent behavior and when I went to look at the connection it was loose- I believe you’ve helped me solve an issue!
As to the power locks, they were on 62 series and the lock button for the tailgate is separate from the liftgate.
What year is your truck?
I have a 60 1985. I have intermittent rear wiper function that is what started me looking in that area, mine seems to be an issue with the switch. It works somewhere between off and on pretty consistently. Thanks

I have a 60 1985. I have intermittent rear wiper function that is what started me looking in that area, mine seems to be an issue with the switch. It works somewhere between off and on pretty consistently. Thanks
Cool, I have gone through my switch and it definitely works, sprays washer fluid but the wiper is hit or miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom