Tail light issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No luck, I have cleaned every ground and fuse. Can't for the life of figure which wires coming from the passenger side to the driver side are the power for the driver side. 100% sure it is not a fuse, ground or bulb issue. The running light works, and the hazard works, just no brake or turn and it's only on the driver side.

Does the driver turn signal glow solid on the instrument cluster when the turn signal is set to the left position with the ignition on?

Does the driver turn signal glow solid on the instrument cluster when the turn signal is set to the left position with the ignition on?
No it does nothing, the flasher is working I assume because I can hear it and feel it clicking.

On my 71 and 69 there is a fuse going to the hazard switch that is located way up under the dash. It is accessible if you remove the cowel vent. Have you checked that fuse? I am not positive it exists on a ‘73, but its worth a look.

On my 71 and 69 there is a fuse going to the hazard switch that is located way up under the dash. It is accessible if you remove the cowel vent. Have you checked that fuse? I am not positive it exists on a ‘73, but its worth a look.
Here is are some photos. My ‘71 schematic shows this fuse. The ‘72/73 schematic from Coolarmans site does not a fuse. I think still worth a look. The fuse holder on my 69 was busted, orereded a new one from @Coolerman

8E5F7ECC-3D05-40DA-8F5F-562709EF8926.jpeg
D4F432B3-2832-41C7-BFCB-E52B9153463C.jpeg
978821EB-E4CD-45A1-B6C9-E18E9753E046.jpeg

@JustTodd

FIrst, stop listening to the guessers, shotgunning 'solutions' while ignoring the facts you've presented.

@Engineer8000 is correct. It's very likely that the directional switch (or wires from/to the switch) has a problem on the left side.

We've known from the beginning that the ground is good, and the wire to the left stop/directional/hazard filament is intact. We know that the flasher is functional, since it works for the right side and the hazard. You've clearly indicated that the filament works in hazard mode. That proves it.

If you look at Engineer8000's chart in post #17, you'll see that the hazard switch circuit, when activated, bypasses the directional and sends the blinker signal directly to both rear s/d/h filaments.

Turn signal assembly appears to still be available. I replaced the ones on my '77, '83, and '94 as they get loose and worn over time. Nothing like new for parts that you touch often.

that fuse is not present in stock wiring on a '72

Turn signal switch is easy to remove and clean. At least it would eliminate that as the problem. It could also be a bad wire/connection but that is less likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom