Swine-o-rama 2006 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm down for Colorado, MOAB...Oklahoma....sounds good to me...I might even have my door fixed by then... ;p

If you are looking at August...then better go more north than texas...Colorado/Utah is nice this time of year.

Im kinda leaning towards Colorado too... but I'm also down with Utah and South Dakota. Dont we have any Canadian brethern interested? I'd like to hear from them if they are interested in this.

Bill... yeah I ran with the ball.. hahaha... I liked your idea of calling it the Swine-O-Rama too.... I really want this to come together. Would be awesome if it became an annual event. Then we can pick a different location each year. First we need to get it off the ground. Im already preparing my pig.

Minipigg, you are always preparing your pig for something! :D

By next year, I should the cruise control installed and the vintage AC running :grinpimp:

I'm ok with utah or colorado, as long as it is a wheeling trip. I'd think texas still could be a bit on the hot side during august.

I just hope I have better luck traveling ;)

bk

I think I'm going to have to argue the whole "it will be hot" thing because in august its going to be hot everywhere except high in the mountains. Even then it will still be hot during the day probably.

There are quite a few cool places in Colorado...Telluride area is very pretty....some trails around there...Black Bear, Imogene are nice trails for everyone. Or there's definitely harder trails...

cardinal fang said:
Minipigg, you are always preparing your pig for something! :D

By next year, I should the cruise control installed and the vintage AC running :grinpimp:

Brother bill... Ya I know we always seem to jump right into projects as they become the DD. With little or no money I like to try and get a head start on things... hence.. always preparing... ;p
So far we are 100% factory stock. But Brian gave us some rear MAF springs he was using. They are kinda sagging but I have already busted them down and mixed both spring paks together and pulled the add-a-leafs. This time next year I will most likely still be stock but running up to TLCA trail worthiness with no oil leaks and brakes that work, etc.

oh btw... why dont you make the rear disc brake brackets any longer? I think something was said about joe turpin taking them over?

bkfj40 said:
I'm ok with utah or colorado, as long as it is a wheeling trip. I'd think texas still could be a bit on the hot side during august.

I just hope I have better luck traveling

bk

What other kinda trip is there. Being Im more then likely the only factory rig with stock tires I will proably end up being the camera guy.

Last edited:
We have a lot of fun events for Upstate Cruisers with little or no wheeling involved. The annual meeting was this weekend just had lunch and pitched some shoes and hung out. We have a camping event coming up where we just go sit out and drink beer and relax, and were planning a tailgate for the Clemson vs Miami game in 2 weeks. So theres a lot of trips besides wheeling.

I'd be interested in anything in New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, or West Texas. Oklahoma is a little far to drive, as is Moab. Besides, after welding in 22 sq ft of sheet metal to repair rust, I don't need the body damage that no doubt accumulates in Moab!

fj55mike said:
I'd be interested in anything in New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, or West Texas. Oklahoma is a little far to drive, as is Moab. Besides, after welding in 22 sq ft of sheet metal to repair rust, I don't need the body damage that no doubt accumulates in Moab!

im going to be all stock... so i am going to be limited as well. i am going to go for it though... within reason. i still wanna take a ton of photo's. :)

oh,... i am also thinking about pitting a couple pigs, turkey, etc. will have to get the meat somewhere local where ever we decide to make the gathering.

I read in this edition of TT that el presidente is planning a large cruiser gathering for tlca an anniversary (30 years!).. maybe we could all meet there and represent the 55 addicts? Thoughts...?

check out the Trail Leader article in 09/10-05 TT ..

here is the proposed venue: sayersbrook.com.

Hmm.. Colorado Springs sounds good. If we can get a number of people interested in this location then I can bring the pigs and birds to cook in the pits. I would be more then willing to donate for them myself.

Evan: Would you be interested in throwing a raffle in Colorado Springs?

Colorado is closer than texas.Pig in a pit will be a a good way to help with the beer.Sounds like i need time off of work.

Hello piggers :) Been real busy with other stuff last couple of days. A road trip to the Swine o rama sounds great to me, not matter where it is. Of course my wife will think I am nuts, but that goes with owner a cruiser ;p
I sold well over 100 pair of the rear disk brackets back when I was into it. Your right minipigg, JT started selling them cheaper than I could have them made, so that ended my involvment. "Colorado, Rocky Mountain High" would be great. Of course those hills in Colorado are no match to the Sierra's thirteeners!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom