suspension suggestions and opionions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am working on my 77 fj40 restore. The cruiser will be a DD so I am to the choosing a new suspension stage.

Has anyone had experience with parabolic springs?

HST Parabolic Leaf Springs

Only 2 leafs makes me nervous (maybe parabolics are different), but many people swear by parabolic's and their comfort.

I am going to use grease able shackles and pins to help improve the comfort of the ride.

Any other suggests of what you have tried and liked/disliked?

Thanks for all the input!

jhunt

I thought I just saw some of those on someones rig here. I will keep looking, hopefully someone has a better memory than me and will chim in...

Dave:)

if its a restore dont you want stock springs. hence restore?

...Ok, let me rephrase. Nearly complete restore with a *few* modifications.

I am working on my 77 fj40 restore. The cruiser will be a DD so I am to the choosing a new suspension stage.

Has anyone had experience with parabolic springs?

HST Parabolic Leaf Springs

Only 2 leafs makes me nervous (maybe parabolics are different), but many people swear by parabolic's and their comfort.

I am going to use grease able shackles and pins to help improve the comfort of the ride.

Any other suggests of what you have tried and liked/disliked?

Thanks for all the input!

why be nervous? they are both wrapped, right?

i was gonna do a 4" a year and half ago, but the exchange rates killed that. i just read one of the SA guys put one on and had to move the shackle perches inboard due to the spring being short.

Last edited:
Springs

Mr. Hunt well I finally found it, tlc_4play used Parabolic Springs on his rig, give him a PM and see what he has to say... Good Luck man:)

Opps

Oh yeah and I just did a search for Parabolic Springs, that how I came across his thread.. I used to be an Idaho boy, I miss old Idaho. Great State:)

:hmm: See any new vehicles using leafs all around? That should tell you they suck for a comfy ride. Don't waste your hard earned $$$ only to be disappointed in the end. Link it up similar to a '97 & up H**p. It ain't *that difficult if I can do it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom