Best place to buy suspension globes and other AHC parts? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2006 LX has 259K and it's kneeling....

All signs point to a clogged pump and bad globes.

Where's the best place to buy them?

Looking online at places such as eBay and Amazon, I see a lot of Chinese made globes....I've never had any luck with Chinese parts.

Any help is appreciated!

Also check out Partsouq. They've got a slightly more user-friendly interface, but pricing varies higher and lower so do your research on each part. The price differences can be huge.

Impex is a Russian company pulling parts out of Japan, Partsouq is mostly exporting parts from UAE. All genuine Japanese parts, just sourced outside the North American parts distribution network which allows you to bypass the [often absurd] North American parts price markups.

eBay and Amazon are a bit of a blind gamble. Could be genuine, could be fake, could be refurbed, all rarely priced much below the genuine stuff from Impex or Partsouq.

We are lucky there’s a place that makes them here in uk. 2 years warranty, and you get a choice of three ratings , standard, sport, heavy duty

In 2020, I bought four globes from Pleiades in the UK at around $600 including shipping. I had them in Alabama and on my LX in 3.5 days after placing my order. They have worked perfectly.

Last edited:
I emailed Martin Dunn at Pleiades and told him what I wanted and asked for a quote. He then got order ready and I called him and gave payment. I have ordered globes twice from him. Customer interaction and products could not be smoother.

toyota.spheres@gmail.com

Why 3 ratings when you can get them from the factory switch?
The switch controls the the movement of fluid rushing in and out of the globe cavity via a valve. That assumes a given "neutral pressure" and pressure within each globe. That globe pressure is predetermined based on the vehicle's weight and desired feel. If you stray from factory weights or want a tighter feel (basically moving the response range beyond what the factory dial provides), you might want to alter the globe pressure to get those dial settings to behave more like they did from the factory.

I bet there's also some dynamic response difference as you change the pressure, but no idea if that's something that feels any different than just adjusting the cabin dial.

Suspension dynamics are complicated, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom