Large suspension fluid leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having large puddling under my truck. Just started recently. We located the leak it’s on top of the shock tower on the passenger side front. It’s leaking constantly and my reservoir will soon be empty. What are my options? Will I be able to drive it once it’s out of fluid? I’m guessing I’m screwed. Thanks.

I am having large puddling under my truck. Just started recently. We located the leak it’s on top of the shock tower on the passenger side front. It’s leaking constantly and my reservoir will soon be empty. What are my options? Will I be able to drive it once it’s out of fluid? I’m guessing I’m screwed. Thanks.
You should try to not let it run out. Air in the AHC system is annoying to remedy.

There is an O-ring where the fluid line seals onto the top of the shock. If that's the leak source, the fix is relatively cheap and easy. If the leak source is a rusted line, then you're in for a more involved fix. Replacing lines is no fun and if one goes, you probably have a rusty car and others (along with brake lines) will soon follow.

Don't fret it too much though. Even if it is a line, that's not enough to say you're "screwed". Maybe just on the front side of a learning experience, haha.

What are my options?

Check your AHC fluid level and add genuine Toyota AHC fluid if needed, then clean the leak area well, take photos, start the truck (or get the AHC system working) and find the leak point. I would not drive the truck at all if the leak is severe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom