Super Skinnies: 31x9.5 TSL Radials on stock height 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The 'before' pic is with 31x10.5 A/T TAs. The 'after' pics are 31x9.5 Super Swamper TSL Radials, and an original Dunlop Sno Cruiser for a spare. The Swampers are about 1" taller and about 1.5" narrower.

The 'power steering' effect was pretty stunning driving it out of the shop. I can steer it with one hand without moving. I'm guessing I'll get better mileage too.

Watch that aluminum light bar on the front grow a trio Hella 500s tonight.
wide.jpg
skinny1.jpg
skinny2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking! If I go with TSL SXs, I think I'm going to go with the 36 (or 38)X12.5X15's over the 35X15.5X15's for the same reason.

Cool

They look way better.
Are those 15" rims?
How many miles should you get out of those tires? I'm thinking a set of BFG Mud Terrains (skinny) for my bone stock BJ41. I'm not sure what size I can get away with on 16" rims.
Peter

PeterC said:
Are those 15" rims?
How many miles should you get out of those tires? I'm thinking a set of BFG Mud Terrains (skinny) for my bone stock BJ41. I'm not sure what size I can get away with on 16" rims.

Yes, 5.5x15 stockers. The swampers are way softer and will likely last about half as long as M/T TAs. You have better options with the metric sizes available for 16" rims.

In 15" you get 30x9.5 or 33x9.5 or 31x10.5. Only TSLs come in 31x9.5x15. They also have 32x10.5x15s that are very skinny. They are a bit more $$ and I wanted to be sure they never hit the body.

Those look great. I nearly bought a set of those recently for my 40, but I opted for what you had on before; BFG ATTA 31x10.5. I only went with the BFG's because I already had a set on my 60 and have two sets of chains sized specifically for them. Figured I could use them on both rigs.

How loud are the TSL's on the street?

residualboulders said:
Nice rig. man thats a good color.

Don't mean to 1-up ya. But mine are taller. 33x9.5. Mine rub a bit when wheeling though, yours probably will not. looks cool.

I agree. Good color, bad 28 years of fading. I'm torn between original and beautiful. Original is way cheaper.

Your sig says you've got a 2.5" lift, mine is bone stock. I like the big size, but I like stock more.

"Good color, bad fading...."

Have you tried to polish the paint yet?

Guess not.

NuFinish is a miracle worker.

From the looks of your paint your truck would shine like new with some NuFinish.

I had a 77 same color.... Looked like hell when I got it, NuFinished it and ended up selling it for 4 times my original buying price cause it looked like new when I was done.

Last edited:
baldboy said:
"Good color, bad fading...."

Have you tried to polish the paint yet?

I've done a couple sections with Classic Car Wax. It works well, but it's a lot of work. In these pics it's really dirty from wheeling :) too.

The top of the hood is about 10% surface rust. How's Nufinish going to work on that?

I have found NuFinish is typically easier to apply with better results than any wax I have used.

It was just a suggestion that worked superbly on my truck.

It will make it shine beautifully all over, but as you know surface rust can't be helped too much with polish.

Good luck on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom