Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What did I do with my FJ40 this week…..used in the Tundra commercial played during Super Bowl

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0666.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

I enjoyed watching a commercial being made.it took all of 5 hours …..drove it about ten miles to the cabin and the crew quickly assembled and sat up the equipment and began shooting.

It was cool once. Not sure I would do it again…. Trailered it up and back and then 5 hours on set.

Should've flipped the bezel just for the ad to see how many heads would explod
😂😂😂😂😂 yes!!
I thought it was bad enough I had not installed the wipers….. no time. We just got back from Christmas vacation and then back to work….it filmed Friday January 5th

I’m in the film business, based out of Austin but mostly travel for shoots. Currently working on a Chevy spot here though.

I got a call for that commercial but was already booked. I lead the department that would’ve found your truck.

5 hours isn’t too bad, I’m about to leave the house for a 14 hour day.

I missed the commercial as I was listening to the game but I’ll have to dig it up. Pretty cool to have a 40 in a spot. Parts of mine were in a Harbor Freight commercial, the doors being worked on by a “body shop guy”.
Got door replacement patches for free and got a rental.

Holler if you’re ever up in the South Austin area if you want to.

Ian

I’m in the film business, based out of Austin but mostly travel for shoots. Currently working on a Chevy spot here though.

I got a call for that commercial but was already booked. I lead the department that would’ve found your truck.

5 hours isn’t too bad, I’m about to leave the house for a 14 hour day.

I missed the commercial as I was listening to the game but I’ll have to dig it up. Pretty cool to have a 40 in a spot. Parts of mine were in a Harbor Freight commercial, the doors being worked on by a “body shop guy”.
Got door replacement patches for free and got a rental.

Holler if you’re ever up in the South Austin area if you want to.

Ian
That’s cool. The crew was fantastic.

A good Friend owns LCS in Austin and he got the call and directed them to me.

I will look you up. Likewise if your ever down in NB give me a heads up

That’s cool. The crew was fantastic.

A good Friend owns LCS in Austin and he got the call and directed them to me.

I will look you up. Likewise if your ever down in NB give me a heads up
Edwin is a great dude.

Will do, thanks bud…

Ian

Agreed, post up the ad so we can all watch it!

Was this the ad about what you call the hand grip above the passenger door? Looked like a lot of desert terrain. Didn’t see a 40 in that one though.

On edit: This was the only Toyota commercial (Tacoma) I remember and found searching: All-New 2024 Toyota Tacoma Handles it All in Super Bowl LVIII Ad - Toyota USA Newsroom - https://pressroom.toyota.com/all-new-2024-toyota-tacoma-handles-it-all-in-super-bowl-lviii-ad/

They do have a 2023 LVIII Land Cruiser commercial I don’t think they ran, stars Eli Manning. There’s also a 2024 Tundra commercial with Eli Manning. No 40’s in those. So curious.

Last edited:
It was a quick add for the new TRD Tundra. It was filmed in Wimberly Tx last month. I can’t find it on any social media sites yet. Would imagine it will drop after a short time on TV…..?????

I was told to keep an eye on YouTube 2-3 months from filming in early January.

Also keep an eye on ispot.tv

Forgot I recorded the game…..they pan by it real fast. If you blink you missed it

IMG_0785.png

I enjoyed watching a commercial being made.it took all of 5 hours …..drove it about ten miles to the cabin and the crew quickly assembled and sat up the equipment and began shooting.

It was cool once. Not sure I would do it again…. Trailered it up and back and then 5 hours on set.

Were you compensated for the use of the FJ40 and your time?

As I mentioned before, my department handles all things on camera (with exception of the human bodies, unless they’re dead).

I’m on a Chevy spot and we paid this dude handsomely for his car. It’s generally worth it, at least, I make sure it is.
IMG_0879.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom