Stock Roll Bar for '78 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1st post, hope I do it right. Not clued in to using the animated figures or format tools....

R&D Engineer in Oregon, long time Cruiser owner. Had 60s and an 80, now all that's left is my '78 FJ40, mostly stock AKA the 'Green Latrine'. Dad's an old military guy and the name stuck. 105K miles original. Avid bird hunter and sometime fly fisher.

On to business. I have a factory roll bar from my '78 complete with side sections and pads that is free for the taking to someone who needs it. It does have two light mounts welded to the top but I think these are easily removed with a grinder. Tubing is not distorted. Has been outside but under a roof.

I also have a rear hatch from an ealier year (before the ambulance doors) that again is free to someone with need. And lastly a Cruiser top with no metal that is rough to say the least and needs serious glass work but hey, its free if you want it. Otherwise it goes to the dump.

Let me know if you're interested and I will provide directions. I live approx. 1 hour 20 minutes south of Portland, Oregon. Thanks.

Welcome to Mud! Post pics of your rig quickly or you will be heckled by the masses.

I doubt you'll have any trouble getting rid of your stuff.

Welcome !!! check your bezel too... the police never sleep... :beer:

:D Welcome!

Doubt you'll have any trouble finding a home for the spare parts.

Let's see some pics!

Hi Gang, a shot of the Green Latrine. Mostly stock but I did build front and rear bumpers for it out of 3x6x3/16 rectangular steel tubing as well as a family style rear roll bar assembly with twin tall loops from 2x1/8 round tubing. Factory seats were rough when it came to me so these are from a Toyota MR2 coupe. Thanks for your interest.

Rear View

And a shot of the back.
CruiserRear.jpg

I'll love to take the rear hatch/gate off your hands (as long as it's not rusted junk), but I live in MI. Are you interested in packaging and shipping if I pay the cost? Let me know!

Does that roll bar have the integrated shoulder belts?

Yes the 78's came with the shoulder belts on the roll bar.

I'll take your rollbar... And your other stuff too.

I'm in Salem, so we have to be real close?

You've got one of the old time, early yellow license plates. Bet it's origional to your 40.

Hmmm, an hour and twenty minutes? You can't be too far from me, I'm a mile-n-a half off I-5 at exit 238 ( just south of the Santiam River ).

Good looking 40!!

Affirmative, I'm the second owner. It was bought new in Medford in '78. I traded a 60 series with 195K miles (ran great) straight across for it about 6 years ago. DMV wanted to me to change the plates but I wasn't about to do that.

PM me if the guy doesn't want the rollbar. I'm looking for one too! Thanks, Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom