Bottom Support plates for OEM roll bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On the FJ40s that came equipped with an OEM roll bar, did Toyota use additional backing plates on the bottom side of the tub underneath the topside roll bar mounting plates?

I’ve seen this used in a number of other vehicles with aftermarket roll cages. Wasn’t sure what Toyota did from the factory.

Thank you!

Brandon

Yes, it is heavy sheet metal running inside the fender wells with weld nuts to attach the rollbar. It runs across the top of the fender well and down the inner side of it.

Yes, it is heavy sheet metal running inside the fender wells with weld nuts to attach the rollbar. It runs across the top of the fender well and down the inner side of it.
Great! Thank you.

Anyone happen to know the part name or number? I’ll look through the vendor catalogs to see if anyone still carries those.

They came spot welded in from the factory, I could be wrong but you probably have to fabricate something.

Would be curious if all the welded nuts are all the same a size. The one used for the seat belts has the same threads used for front seat belts.

I just ordered some. You will have to attach weld nuts yourself, but at least they are pre drilled for spot welds.

These are a lot more reasonable priced. Is that price for a pair?

Back in the day I designed a full inside cage with three "D" connected on the top sides. It was bolted to the frame in 6 places. I might still have the plans somewhere.

Would be curious if all the welded nuts are all the same a size. The one used for the seat belts has the same threads used for front seat belts.

These are a lot more reasonable priced. Is that price for a pair?
I hope the price is for a pair. I have not received my order yet. Will post back when I get it in.

I hope the price is for a pair. I have not received my order yet. Will post back when I get it in.
It clearly states in their description that they are sold individually.

$25 for a pair would be insanely cheap and would give me pause.

Thanks - looks like I am ordering two more.
Rereading my post, I came off sounding like a bit of a jerk. That wasn’t intentional.

Rereading my post, I came off sounding like a bit of a jerk. That wasn’t intentional.
Not a problem. You are correct, it is clear…if I had actually read below. Picture was a bit deceiving. In any event, I got another order in. They must be getting ready to stamp some more. I have not received a tracking number from my order a week ago.

I am always amazed at prices these days. Make it yourself or buy it is good question. You might need: tools, skills plus materials and time to make it vs. just pay money.

Sometimes even with money it can be hard to find the part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom