1969 fj40 with a roll bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking at a 1969 fj 40 owner says its stock with 81,000 original miles... but it has a roll bar? i didnt think these came out till '72/73?? thoughts?

No clue. Only 81 K - must not have run good or it would be 181 K. My 72 was a rag top, no sign it had a roll bar.

What are they asking for it? Just curios

I have a stock 1969. NO roll bar was installed by the factory. Also , my rear seats are long compared to the shorter ones used by Toyota for adding a roll bar.

Stock ‘69 did not have a roll bar, but I thought I read it could be added as an option. I would just check the wheel wells to make sure it was properly installed. Check out this link:

Probably a dealer add on or added by the purchaser very early on. I also would not automatically assume the mileage is wrong. An FJ40 in the 70’s was likely not driven as much or as far as todays 4 runners, tacomas etc. we all tend to poo poo the miles showing on these trucks too quickly.

was used as a snow plow truck for a cabin driveway,, stored in garage - ill go look at it this weekend, not sure on price probably a lot!!
When you see SAE bolts holding the rollbar to the tub, you will know the seller just didn’t know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom