Split Transfer Case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I split my transfer case trying to get out of a hole last night. Looks like it ripped right off the mouthing bracket and tore the case up good. Also snapped the weld on the trac bar at the frame.

The gears look pretty good inside, wondering if i could just swap the guts into another good housing. Any other ideas?

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

Driver side:
DSC00029.jpg

Passenger side:
DSC00032.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

couple of posts down....check orangefj45's post on the nose cone saver, you'll see a pic of a t-case saver

another option is the orion case

nice carnage

did you ever get it in 4wd??

No I couldn't get it budge, didn't really look at it too hard tho it was dark and we had had a few.

I dont think its gonna be a problem now!

I feel your pain. Mine looks just like that. Mine blew up on me going 15MPH in 2wheel on the street. Beat the daylights out of the drive lines when it happened.

I feel your pain. Mine looks just like that. Mine blew up on me going 15MPH in 2wheel on the street. Beat the daylights out of the drive lines when it happened.
lol is this a common issue with the 40 Tcases?

Uhhh,
"1977 Toyota FJ40
350 fuel injection, power steering, l disc brakes, 4:11 gears,locker, 36""
You are running the above through a transfer designed for 135 HP and pizza cutter tires, do the math. Nice wreckage though!
eric

A little JB weld will fix that right up.

Can you say Orion....... easy fix, all you need is a CC:idea:

Can you say Orion....... easy fix, all you need is a CC:idea:
Yeah I took a look at one of those last night. Looks like what I migth be going with. Have to inpect the carnage and back accounts a little closer.
Yeah I know the driveline takes alot more with that engine thus I wont be going back to stock anything, probably every!

I have removed whats left of the transfer case, but its still attached to the trans. My manual shows a puller being used to separate the two, can it be done without this? Also I could figure out how to get the shifter out of the trans any pointers?

I was thinking of getting an Orion? I have only owned the LC for a short time, so im not to familar with parts. It looks a like a pretty good buy, expensive but well built. It should bolt right in eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom