SAS Solid Axle Summit #7 Official Page (2 Viewers)

SAS #7 Color Choices for Swag and Trail Flags

• • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love the smell of fresh bondo sandings

I went with A) premium and find it to be sufficient to navigate, you do miss out on some of the features like sharing trails and adding different colors for trails to name a few.
But I'm technologically challenged and a cheap ass 😂
Ok, thanks. Will place my OnX order this pm or tomorrow. For some reason I have not been comfortable with my Gaia.

I use an iPad with a mount on the grab bar over the glove box much like @sogncab.

Ok, thanks. Will place my OnX order this pm or tomorrow. For some reason I have not been comfortable with my Gaia.

I use an iPad with a mount on the grab bar over the glove box much like @sogncab.
I find onX much easier to use, I don't need bells and whistles I just need to know where I'm going :cool:

Hey guys,

I have a spot at the Ouray KOA up for grabs, I will not be using.

We are still going, but we will be staying at the Ouray Inn.

Its a camping cabin, And I reserved it for 8.1 through 8.5

If anyone's interested, Shoot me a PM.

Let me know if you ever wanna get rid of that 80 4.10 third…
I will bring it with. If you like it we can do some figure it out. And who knows when someone may blow a diff on top of Imogene...at night...in a storm... 🤣
20230720_225226.jpg
20230720_225211.jpg
20230720_225154.jpg

Let’s put a bunch of lights on the front of the truck before we go … why not? Welded this small c-channel to the top bumper bar last night and I’ll get a wiring harness built tonight. Four 7” PIAAs will hang down across the front.

452A2947-5D58-459C-BDFA-4DB32861C378.jpeg

I have the original 85w halogen bulbs but also picked up some 5000K 1000 lumen LED bulbs to try out. Four 85w halogen bulbs is about 27A of current, which is a lot for the poor little stock alternator even if I had it rebuilt and rewound for a little higher output. The 5000K LEDs aren’t too blue of a white, hopefully more appropriate looking for a 41 year old truck. I mean, I know there are higher output LED H3 bulbs out there but they don’t fit in my housings. I think 4000 lumens of extra light in addition to the headlights is enough, yeah?

Last edited:
In a previous life I did a lot of racing. Land Speed, Drag Racing, SCCA etc. If the car was running well I inevitably screwed with it about a week out from a race, leading to immeasurable anxiety, stress etc.

I’m happy to announce that I’m older and slower but apparently no more intelligent 🤡. Decided to upgrade my suspension to a Dobinson 4” and have rendered the 80 impossible to drive with a week to go. I believe my error was ordering the HD spring for front which has caused my caster to be about 1.3, even with the adjustment plates. Now waiting the FedEx man with “regular” springs and a delivery from @eimkeith of his RAM system to hopefully save the day.

Luckily, I leave for a work trip Sunday which means any work left will be done by my son and I’ll arrive next Thursday to load her up and head for Ouray 😅

84B8BF4D-A388-4821-BE5D-813F5833E953.jpeg

In a previous life I did a lot of racing. Land Speed, Drag Racing, SCCA etc. If the car was running well I inevitably screwed with it about a week out from a race, leading to immeasurable anxiety, stress etc.

I’m happy to announce that I’m older and slower but apparently no more intelligent 🤡. Decided to upgrade my suspension to a Dobinson 4” and have rendered the 80 impossible to drive with a week to go. I believe my error was ordering the HD spring for front which has caused my caster to be about 1.3, even with the adjustment plates. Now waiting the FedEx man with “regular” springs and a delivery from @eimkeith of his RAM system to hopefully save the day.

Luckily, I leave for a work trip Sunday which means any work left will be done by my son and I’ll arrive next Thursday to load her up and head for Ouray 😅

View attachment 3379359
Kennedy or Kazinski....🤣

View attachment 3379359
Most likely getting 6" of lift from 4" lift springs, Dobinson springs are notorious for this.
Great Rig best year and best color for a 80 ;)

I think 4000 lumens of extra light in addition to the headlights is enough, yeah?

I had to look it up. My center lights are 8670 lumens. I don't know if that's each, or for the pair.

The outer ones are 4570 lumens. Also don't know if that is each, or the pair. I would assume pair.

More would be better, but it's flipping bright

I had to look it up. My center lights are 8670 lumens. I don't know if that's each, or for the pair.

The outer ones are 4570 lumens. Also don't know if that is each, or the pair. I would assume pair.

More would be better, but it's flipping bright
Yeah that’s a ton of light. I don’t know if it’s my eyes or the way my brain processes the really bright white LEDs - which are really the only lights with that kind of output - but I see worse with those than lower output halogen. It’s like my brain can’t process the information as well. The Koito headlights with Osram bulbs I have are in the neighborhood of 1200-1500 lumens each, so adding 4000 more lumens of a warmer color temp LEDs will more than double what I have and that’s plenty for me. Some of the newer LEDs with cooling fans and such can be well above 10000 lumens each. Insane.

You guys are making me feel like I’m running behind….

IMG_0286.jpeg

But I did get it out of the garage…. Guess that’s a start (did finish replacing all the fuel tank vent lines and the passenger seat extensions…)

IMG_0285.jpeg

(Had to keep the 80 covered so she wouldn’t get jealous knowing she would be left at home)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom