SOA how high is your frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Well after doing my SOA with stock springs and no lift shackles I get a measurement of 27 inches to the bottom of the frame in the lowest place. The frame is sitting on 35's right now but it seems really high to me. The springs have only the weight of the frame on them but when i put the 45 body on and drivetrain I am only expecting to lower a couple of inches.

I also think that I have to run a 37 because right now a 35 looks way to small when I mocked up the fender in the factory location. I will not be doing a body lift and will be doing an add a leaf in the front to help strengthen the spring pack.

I'm just wondering what everyone else who has done a spring over has for a measurement under the frame.
5530_136002075776_510930776_2893448_196599_n.jpg
5530_136002100776_510930776_2893452_4725597_n.jpg
31363_411617330776_510930776_4808243_8316227_n.jpg

23 inches

not sure where you are measuring from? I measured mine along flat part of frame towards the middle. I am sitting on 36 inch tires and come up with 23.5. The body and running gear will drop you down some, but I am not sure how much.

not sure where you are measuring from? I measured mine along flat part of frame towards the middle. I am sitting on 36 inch tires and come up with 23.5. The body and running gear will drop you down some, but I am not sure how much.

Measured from the lowest section of the frame. So the long mid section where it hangs down the most.

alot is going to depned on tire size etc

Yeah a different tire size means a different frame height, but I can get an idea of where these sit on average. Looks like a frame will sit about where mine is sitting until loaded down then it drops to about 23-24 inches.

Mine is at 20.5 on stock springs no top. :frown: Way low by the looks of it. 35" tires

Well after doing my SOA with stock springs and no lift shackles I get a measurement of 27 inches to the bottom of the frame in the lowest place. The frame is sitting on 35's right now but it seems really high to me. The springs have only the weight of the frame on them but when i put the 45 body on and drivetrain I am only expecting to lower a couple of inches.

I also think that I have to run a 37 because right now a 35 looks way to small when I mocked up the fender in the factory location. I will not be doing a body lift and will be doing an add a leaf in the front to help strengthen the spring pack.

I'm just wondering what everyone else who has done a spring over has for a measurement under the frame.

Those stock 45 rear springs from the late 70's are really stiff with lots of arch. I don't expect they will settle much with just a light flat deck back there.

23" with 55 springs and 37s

37" Tires, 20" to the Frame.. i Recently re did my shackles to go through the frame, and the Leaf Sits about 1/2" from the frame while its compressed.

Flat Stock FJ40 Fronts (Flipped), and FJ60 Rears (Flipped).. Id even like to get the rear down lower if/when i link it.

I was backing out to get a better line, and almost flopped. :cool: (and dont make fun of my Horrible Shock Placement, i know its wrong)
Indy 2010.jpg
DSC00443.jpg
Shackle.jpg

Last edited:
Those stock 45 rear springs from the late 70's are really stiff with lots of arch. I don't expect they will settle much with just a light flat deck back there.

I'm hoping my massive fuel tank will help with the rear springs but I guess I will have to see. Might have to take out a few leafs in the rear.

23" on 37's.

23.5 from flat of frame while on 33's. Will throw on 35's shortly.

mine is about 24.5 with 38.5 inch tire, rear stock 55 spring, front stock 40 spring set with shackle reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom