So lost my job during frame off. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Norcal, not on fire but it was darn close.
So I have $2500 cash now to spend.

My new idea.

1. Sand blast BOTTOM OF TUB at home with alcoholic neighbor retired body worker paint shop guy.
2. Blast frame.
3. Lizzard skin bottom,
4. Prep paint frame with what ever.
5. Reassemble.
6. Install smog parts.

Ok then im sitting on a rolling rig.

7. New job or sell my guitar $$$ high end.
8. Use cash to media blast bottom of interior tub.
9. Lizard skin firewall, carpeted or flooring area.

Sell my vintage analog synth $$$$ HUGE MONEY.

10. Pay a semi pro to meda blast exterior of tub.
11. Primer/paint with PPG paint.

Begin reassembly.

Get money finish doors and rubber/roof.

Ideas comments hatred and flames?

t.JPG

00j4.JPG

Hay im paying for it with guitars.

My thoughts if I could do it in $2000 chunks.
I know you need to sand, primer, paint in one week end so thoughts was the bottom then floor then sides each time I get an extra $2,000.

Put back together and drive. If I lost my job restoring a cruiser would be last thing on my mind,3,000$ will be gone in a blink. Trust me in this, re install everything and drive it.

id reassemble and and follow some sound advice that I got "save your money, your going to need it". you can always keep the truck and work on the resto when you have another job and better cash flow so you can keep the toys

Hey Jay bar!
I was wondering what you were up to. If the pieces are all separated, then you would be smart to rotisserie the tub, fix all corrosion and then use high quality epoxy primer as base coat on all surfaces before reassemble, then final color coat the whole thing. Maybe check out Delfleet brand products as well as PPG.
:cheers:

micruz60, that what I want to do. I just have $3000 cash so its not enough to do it all unless I go with a low end shop out of his garage.
However he does frame off on vintage broncos and has a media blaster.

So thats why I thought to do it in parts.

Makes sense to just to the tub, end to end and it saves money with most of the paint being rhino liner, motor area, flooring, bottom.

Just my 2 cents here, but selling your collectable stuff to do this now will haunt you later. If you were planning to sell them anyway then go for it in the time frame and way you see fit. I sold two of my first cruisers back in the 90s and regretted it since.

Good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom