snorkel and supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those folks that have the 80 series supercharger, what's the opinion on having a snorkel - like Safari? I've read quite a bit about how important it is to deliver cool dense air to the s/c, how under hood temps can get really high, etc. and that the snorkel can be a real benefit in this circumstance. So is it a no-brainer to get a snorkel? I'm not concerned about deep water crossing, especially after Drexx's well publicized dunking, or any bling-factor. Just want to know if adding a snorkel to the system makes a significant difference in the air delivery - mainly temp and dirt, safari's biggest claims. At slower speeds it would seem that conductance would decrease significantly due to the greater length and relative small diameter of the ducting. Just thought I'd ask for some real world experience before tossing down the cash AND drilling several holes in perfectly good body panels...
Mike R

What happened with Drexx's dunking? Like to hear that story....

I believe that the snorkel and forced induction go hand-in-hand.
All you need to do is look at the silencer inside the fender and restricted flow becomes evident. I have measured closed-hood air temps in excess of 180 degrees.
When I installed mine I noticed what I thought was a slightly "crisper" throttle response, hard to explain but present.

D-

Bootie fab an intake and use a K&N with a dry charger.

I even made an air box to keep out pesky engine heat...

HUGH improvement...but no SC to speak of.

Oooh, I like booty fab...got more info or pics?

ali

search for my username and "mods" and you should find it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom