Builds SLOW 71 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everything we do is a part of the puzzle and each piece is just as important as the others. We used the two part SEM product on mine. I can't remember if it was the exact one J Mack linked, but has held up good. Can't wait for you to pass me on the hills!

Rush,

If doing it over I'd buy the pieces separate. Their universal adapter plate was useless to me and have to make your own hoses, brake lines for your setup anyhow. I thought getting the two main parts from one company would be quicker, but I'm not sure anymore. Going to the pick n pull is way more budget friendly, too.

Pick your part is going to be cheap and easy. You are already running a gm pump and the lines will fit right in. Your box might need a different fitting but the stock lines are long enough to cut and flare a new fitting. We had to do that to fit my '75 pump, and now going back to the metric for the new pump.

Hydroboost is finally in and plumbed. I wound up making new brake lines and using the new Eastwood flare tool. It's faster than the hand held Mastercool tool I have, but if you have to make a flare on the vehicle you're better off with the Mastercool tool. Everything fits good with the new clutch master, which is actually a single circuit brake master and the hydroboost. I'm going to grab a grandson and teach him brake bleeding, then mount the new tires. It's getting a little close to the trip for me feeling good about this.

IMG_4200.JPG

IMG_4198.JPG

Hydroboost is finally in and plumbed. I wound up making new brake lines and using the new Eastwood flare tool. It's faster than the hand held Mastercool tool I have, but if you have to make a flare on the vehicle you're better off with the Mastercool tool. Everything fits good with the new clutch master, which is actually a single circuit brake master and the hydroboost. I'm going to grab a grandson and teach him brake bleeding, then mount the new tires. It's getting a little close to the trip for me feeling good about this.

View attachment 2677934

View attachment 2677937

So Clean!!

Looks great! If it's anything like the difference I experienced after installing mine, you'll be very pleased.

Thanks guys for checking in. Fun project for sure, but It dragged on too long. We have a lot of new additions that haven't been road tested yet.

Thanks guys for checking in. Fun project for sure, but It dragged on too long. We have a lot of new additions that haven't been road tested yet.
Good luck, I’m sure all will be great.

Road tests are for sissies. Where's your sense of adventure?

We're talking about me working on it, that's redoing it three times to make it right. I'd rather do that in the shop than on the roadside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom