4x Inovations sliders on a 100? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Great assortment here for other Toyota and amazing pricing compared to general 100 market. Proper sliders for less than the ebay bendy step sliders.

Supplier "has no experience with the lc100" (not surprising as it's a bit tubby for a rock crawler), but wondering if anyone else has bought one of the universal fitment and fitted to a 100? Or, even better if one of the models for Tacoma or other with pre-notched legs might have close enough leg-chassis / rocker spacing and overall length?

I know a 100 is heavy, but something for rock crawling a lighter Toyota would be fine for my milder use case.

The frame shape of the Tacoma and 4Runner is different from that of the 100 series so the legs are different snd is definitely not going to work with the 100 series without fabrication work. If you are handy with welding I think this is a good alternative, the work involved wouldn’t be that much compared from starting from scratch.

if you're willing to weld to your frame, their universal kit is good. I have them welded to the frame of my 4Runner and they have held up great over the past 7 years (paint not withstanding)

The frame shape of the Tacoma and 4Runner is different from that of the 100 series so the legs are different snd is definitely not going to work with the 100 series without fabrication work. If you are handy with welding I think this is a good alternative, the work involved wouldn’t be that much compared from starting from scratch.

Damn, the options are way cooler on the model specific kits. Was hoping either the Tac or the newer 4 runners might have similar chassis rails in relation to the rockers as the 100.

if you're willing to weld to your frame, their universal kit is good. I have them welded to the frame of my 4Runner and they have held up great over the past 7 years (paint not withstanding)

That's good to know. I guess for the 100 it's just pick the size of universal then... the amount saved should get me a small welder man enough to get going on. I used to do a lot of brazing but never welded. Been meaning to pick up one to play with so maybe now's the time (and a bit of practice before hitting the kit obviously!).

I'd probably try and fab up and weld on some bolt-on plates before risking a direct weld-on first. Can leave 'em 0.5" too long and then cut & trim down in future. Ithink 4x are missing a trick not doing any 100 kit though!

The 80 has the same wheelbase as the 100... so that length might work best. I can't confirm at this moment. The 100 has a wider frame than the 80 so that would also work better for modifying the 80 kit.

The 80 has the same wheelbase as the 100... so that length might work best. I can't confirm at this moment. The 100 has a wider frame than the 80 so that would also work better for modifying the 80 kit.

very good to know! thanks!

Buying the 80 series kit and modifying the mount definitely makes sense. $365 including the main slider pre-assembled is a heck of deal these days, IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom