Seat upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alpinecowboy,

Mrfreeze and I just ordered the procar elites for our FJ60/62 trucks. He ordered the grey and I ordered the brown. We both live in Austin, so your welcome to come over and sit in them. ;)

Look here for some ideas:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/44298-interior-pics.html

Procars in a FJ62 (my old truck)
attachment.php

What center console is this? ^^^

A buddy of mine has Volvo seats in the front of his 62, very nice. His sit pretty high in the truck for my taste, I am 6'4". My wife is seeing if she can find a set for our 60. I will most likely remove the stock risers and build custom seat brackets for them.

My wife drives a 99 Volvo S80 with 179K on it, purrs like a kitten. The seats in that car are very comfortable. We have driven that car straight from here to Syracuse, NY and I do not find myself figiting(I don't know if that's a word) in the seats and the heated seats would be nice on those nasty days on the trail.

Wet Okole are the bomb. I have a 9 year old set in my PU. Had a set in my CJ7 when I lived in the Keys. I was in that thing in saltwater soaked wet suits all the time, they were often out in the sun and they held up well for 4 years when I sold it.

If I do the Volvo seats I will post up a thread on what I did.

Tor @ Torfab did some BMW seats that look AMAZING! Stealing/consolidating threads here a bit...

Leather, heated, power, and supposed to be lower than the volvo equivalents. I'm tall so that's important to me.

My stock seats are in great shape (in the 84), covered to stay that way... but these are really tempting!
attachment.php

from his thread here.

:princess: is always cold, so i usually cook until she warms up... seat heaters to the rescue (hopefully). Getting warm after playing in the snow without waiting for the truck to blow hot air... another bonus. And ability to lower the back and raise the front of the seat bottom to support long legs. VERY tempting...

any more info on how he got them to fit? the price for that console is amazing! I have a friend that can do the brackets, but any insight as to what he did would be great

A bit different but also check out the smittybuilt console. I did a comparison between it and my 84's Tuffy - here.

DSC_4958.JPG

from the thread - dusty Tuffy vs Smitty console.

Got the Smitty from amazon for <10$ more than the VDP one. And it's steel, locking, decent cupholders (like them so far), with DIN Radio locking pocket... Love the height on the arm rest too. Basically a tuffy for 1/3-1/4 the price and most of the features.

my .02

GL!

any more info on how he got them to fit? the price for that console is amazing! I have a friend that can do the brackets, but any insight as to what he did would be great

Probably just drilled some holes in the bottom and bolted it in? Here is another one of Mark's threads where he has more pics of the VDP console and talks about installation. I ordered that VDP console awhile back but after placing the order and waiting I found out it was backordered. I later took a trip to 4wheelparts and they had the Smittybuilt console that sleepy referenced (minus the stereo pocket) so I installed that instead. The smittybuilt may be easier to hack on to accommodate the heater/switches, etc. Both are good looking consoles for the price though.

I just installed some seats out of a volvo 850...pretty simple, I saw a post on here somewhere, where someone explained how to do it and just followed their advice...(can't find that post at the moment) I tried to use the sliders off the new seats at first but ended up hacking them off and using the factory sliders... They sit a little too high, but are very comfortable and my wife loves them, which is all that matters anyways...
IMAG0357.jpg

Anyone ever put Procar Sportsmen in a 60? I've been looking at those for a while (because they're ~$150) and they look decent.

2004 VW Touereg. All power with heat 400 clams from the wrecking yard in perfect shape. Working on adapter plates. Very comfortable if you can find a pair in good shape. Otherwise, I'd go procar also.
DSCN3957.jpg

i bought 4 seats from a mid 90's chevy conversion van full leather captains chairs dual arm rests etc. i have put one in my chevy one ton but i havent gotten around to the 60 yet i will post pics as i do. i noticed that the seat botoms have about 15 mounting holes for a variety of seat brackets it was a WORLD CLASS conversion i am even eyeballing the electric fold down bed:hmm::hmm::hmm:

I really like my Corbeau Baja RS seat. I have back problems and the framing around the bottom of the seat really gives me great support. I just bought the bracket they make for the 60 so that it just bolts on. I also sit higher and get a better view while off-roading. I'm sure they aren't for everyone and they are a little hard to get into especially since my rig is lifted but they give a very secure fit once you are in them.

:beer: Chad

Subaru seats

These were my sunday project. I think they are from a 99 or 2000 subaru legacy. I picked them up on C.L. for $120. Rather straight forward install. I used cruiser slider assembly. The passenger seat required me to build a frame underneath. The driver only required a 3" piece of steel and flipping of the subaru bracket.. The mounting points on the seats were wider and longer than the originals. I picked up the rear seat as well. That will be more difficult to adapt. Not entirely sure I will use it yet. The 60/40 split backseat would be nice.. I just need to wire up the heated seat grids and I will be in buisness. The funny thing is that Outback is imprinted in the seat back. And they match the interior perfectly.
100_0336.jpg
100_0335.jpg
100_0339.jpg

I really like my Corbeau Baja RS seat. I have back problems and the framing around the bottom of the seat really gives me great support. I just bought the bracket they make for the 60 so that it just bolts on. I also sit higher and get a better view while off-roading. I'm sure they aren't for everyone and they are a little hard to get into especially since my rig is lifted but they give a very secure fit once you are in them.

:beer: Chad

I used a pair of Corbeau Reclining Baja RS seats in my FJ Cruiser, saved them for the Truggy. They are great seats with good bolstering.

I am 6'4" tall and have sat in a buddies 62 with Volvo seats on top of the stock mounts and I was too close to the roof for my taste.

How much headroom do you have with the Corbeaus in your 60?

Which seats ofter the most upwards cushion effect when going over bolders logs and such. I would like to take my wife 4wheeling some day, but she was in a serios MOV years back, and cannot take jarring to the spine to much. Of all these, which seat has the best ergonomics ?

Which seats ofter the most upwards cushion effect when going over bolders logs and such. I would like to take my wife 4wheeling some day, but she was in a serios MOV years back, and cannot take jarring to the spine to much. Of all these, which seat has the best ergonomics ?

I wouldn't doubt that there were suspension seats in some JDM 61s (some of the 70 series JDMs had them..) maybe you could track down a set of them?

The Corbeau Baja RS seats are Reclining Suspension seats. They are strung with parachute cord and are made to take up a lot of the shock off road. That is why I used them. My wife likes them. You can get air bladders for lumbar in them as well as heaters.
2732613369_5958fbe32d_b.jpg

2733444104_2c5768b044_b.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody ever recovered their seats in Cordura? I've been wanting to do that for while, I really like that material--durable and easy to clean.

i bought 4 seats from a mid 90's chevy conversion van full leather captains chairs dual arm rests etc. i have put one in my chevy one ton but i havent gotten around to the 60 yet i will post pics as i do. i noticed that the seat botoms have about 15 mounting holes for a variety of seat brackets it was a WORLD CLASS conversion i am even eyeballing the electric fold down bed:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Was curious if you ( or abyone else) were able to get the van seats in? If so do you like them? And finally how much of a PITA was the install?

I'm thinking that can or minivan seats might be nice given the dual or single armrests.

I like the look of the bmw seats but I have an older fj60(1984) and apparently it's not a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom