Seat upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was curious if you ( or abyone else) were able to get the van seats in? If so do you like them? And finally how much of a PITA was the install?

I'm thinking that can or minivan seats might be nice given the dual or single armrests.

I like the look of the bmw seats but I have an older fj60(1984) and apparently it's not a good fit.

See my Sig. I have PT cruiser seats that were dead simple and have the single arm rest.

Ya I really like those PT Cruiser seats for grey interiors, but haven't seen any good color matches for a brown&tan striped interior.

If anyone has found a good match for brown then pls post up some pictures, thnx.

I do really like the armrest feature, that's really nice, especially for those of us who still have the original console.

I posted this last year. In February, I'll have had my Matrix for 10 years. The seats have worn well (it does help that I've taken care of my car and only weigh 180 pounds) and are still comfortable to sit in for hours on end. In fact, I used to be a mechanic for CarMax, meaning I've sat in all kinds of cars, and while not the absolutely most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, they're up there. The upper-end, first generation Matrices and Vibes had a fold-down passenger seat with a hard tray in the back and the driver's seat has an adjuster for tilting the seat forward and back. Even the gray cloth on the Matrix seats matches the gray 60 series interior. They do lack a little in side bolstering, but the cloth is fairly grippy and it's not such a big deal in the Land Cruiser. I've gone around the Tail of the Dragon a few times in my Matrix and they were adequate. Unfortunately, the ones going in my 60 are coming out of a Vibe, so they're black, but I'll remedy that when I redo the whole interior in leather. I haven't installed them and don't know when I will (they're still at work in a junked Vibe), but can take pictures of my car's interior if anyone so desires.

Was wondering if anyone has installed two front seats in the rear instead of the bench?

I've seen it done. Didn't look right (to me) and you lose the ability to fold the bench and have more cargo room. You could get some fold-forward seats, but you still wouldn't have the flat floor created by the back of the bench seat.

If you're curious what it looks like, just look in a minivan with second row bucket seats.

Thanks I had the same reservations. I guess I was just looking for a way to throw more money at this thing. lol

I put in some seats out of a 2008 bmw they are black leather power and heat they are awesomely comfortable they do sit pretty high and im tall but I love it!! You will have to build a bracket for them but it only took me 1 hour to build the both of them! plus I only paid 200 bucks for them!!

Anybody ever installed cooled seats? I have no desire for the power stuff and no huge need for heated, but cooled would be sweet as hell around here!

Anybody ever installed cooled seats? I have no desire for the power stuff and no huge need for heated, but cooled would be sweet as hell around here!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those cooled seats have fans that blow air through the bottom and back of the seat?

Yes. They're going to at the very least have fans for cooling the bottom (and maybe the seatback as well). Higher end cars actually have the seats tied into the A/C system.

So, there are cooled/ventilated seats and then there are air conditioned seats.

Any idea which vehicles have seat fans? I would be all over a set of those!

Yeah I'd be happy with either; I'm sure the basic ventilated ones are much simpler to install. I'd just like to keep the sweat off my backside during the summer.

Yeah I'd be happy with either; I'm sure the basic ventilated ones are much simpler to install. I'd just like to keep the sweat off my backside during the summer.

My point is that all ventilated seats are electric. If you want manual ventilated seats, then cut holes in your existing seats and you're good to go. If you didn't want to wire your seats, then look elsewhere.

attachment.php

Re=upholstered stock seats. With heaters and adjustable lumbar!

My point is that all ventilated seats are electric. If you want manual ventilated seats, then cut holes in your existing seats and you're good to go. If you didn't want to wire your seats, then look elsewhere.

Ah I gotcha, haven't even thought about that. :doh:

Re=upholstered stock seats. With heaters and adjustable lumbar!

Those look nice. How comfortable are they? My (admittedly worn down) stock seats kill my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom