Seat upgrades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm debating what to do with the interior of my rig, specifically the front seats.

Insanely, I find the seats of the 60 series wagons to be pretty comfortable - in fact more than most cars I've owned, could be because I've just put more miles in behind the wheel of a 60 than anything else...

Back to the point -
1) how hard is it to drop new seats into a wagon? I see a lot of folks here have lots of different options.
2) Anyone have luck going "fancy-pants" with stuff like a power seat and/or heated seats?
3) Does anyone have an HJ61 with the suspension seat bases that they can comment on as that seams like the most direct approach.
4) Does anyone have any HJ61 suspension seat bases or complete seats sitting in their garage?

If you have pictures of your interiors as well to show how you have your seats set up and the different options I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Since your lower back is obviously deformed, may I suggest you lift a couple of benches from Central Park in NYC. You could cut one in half for the driver's and passenger's side. The rear seat you could leave intact.

Seriously. my only modification was to move the driver's seat back- way back, since the Chinaman or Filipino midget this car was designed for needed to be much closer to the steering wheel and dash. I fabricated two plates that bolted onto the seat pedestal and allowed the seat to be bolted back further than the standard pedestal connecting holes. I also added a wooden block beneath the rear of the driver's seat to prevent excess sagging from my excess weight.

Not too high tech. I do agree with you that the OEM seats realy are not too bad.

I've read that the procars are the bees knees when it comes to aftermarket seats. That's something that's on my long term wish list.

In the end, pretty much any seat is going to take some modification to make work. People have been happy with Volvo seats, Celica seats, 2nd Gen 'Runner seats, 80 seats, etc. Find a pair of seats you really like, then put them in.

Last edited:
If you like the seats comfort wise then why throw it all out? If the look bad you can have them recovered cheaper than replacing. Mine were recovered in vinyl for just the high wear areas around the bolsters and it looks great.

I like the feel of the seats too.
100_0744.jpg

i just switched my drivers and passenger's seat. best of all it is free. once i have the funds, i am going with volvo seats.

Procar seats are the best money that you will ever spend on your truck.

500 for a pair shipped from summitracing.com

They will price match anyone.

I find the 62 seats to be good enough to preserve. Mine came with the seat covers, as pictured. I added the TLC extensions for my long legs.
cruiser seat0001.jpg

Here's one that may better illustrate how far back the seat goes.
legroom0001.jpg

"Hell for stout" marine vinyl covers from CCOT. Very happy with them.
int.jpg

x1000

x1000 on the ProCar seats. love them and Waaaaaaaaaaay easy to install.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

The procars look stellar, especially with the center console that mmw68 is rolling with.

ElliottB, thanks for the lead on the wet okoles as well - I like my stock seat fit (I must have been just the midget the Toyota engineers had in mind :hillbilly:) so a cover upgrade may also be a nice ticket and I can get the back to match - one question, I went to their website and couldn't find them for the 60-series, they had 40's, 55's and 80's - do you know what you ordered??

Thanks again to everyone - it is great to see so many different interior options in one thread - we spend most of our time in our rigs but most of the photo-shoots focus on the outsides...

Best
Koby

Last edited:
do you know what you ordered??

Yes - the procar elite - you just need to a color.. They will mount right up to your factory seat rails.

They Grey is 80-1100-52R, R is for right, L is for Left. 52 is the procar color.

I bought my from Jegs.com - they came out better than than summit.

1 Oversize - $8.99
Elite Beige Vinyl Left
Part Number # 942-80-1100-54L
$266.99

1 Oversize - $8.99
Elite Beige Vinyl Right
Part Number # 942-80-1100-54R
$266.99
Subtotal: $533.98

Tax: $0.00
Handling Charge: $13.99
FedEx Oversize Fee: $17.98