Seat swap database (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put in 2005 Suzuki Aerio Seats.
I removed the brackets from the Suzuki sliders,
Made a simple angle cross piece for the front mounts. And one rear mount I had to do a tab off to the side. The other side sits directly on top of the old rear mount, you have to get creative to bolt that last one down.

They sit about 1-2” higher than stock completely worn out seats, so I guess it’s noy much height added. I’m 6’3” and I will have many inches to the roof.

C5959269-6F73-4E1D-92F6-34FDA2FDC0FF.jpeg

A3227030-CECA-43A7-9D16-85914006378D.jpeg

5BB51692-6C8A-4454-B065-415BCF8059F8.jpeg

5C94A284-051D-4A10-A81B-9654FE3CF763.jpeg

For those of you fabbing your own brackets, it’s important to know there are a couple of extra holes with captive nuts or that are threaded. These may help with how you mount the seats. At least one is covered by the carpet. When using the torfab brackets you have to use that one.

Quick update to an earlier post...

Here is a Bestop Trailmax II seat with some custom upholstery work:

REALLY happy with these things. I’ll be posting more in my build thead soon but they are super awesome 😎

Those look nice. Did you work with Bestop for the customization or have someone local do it? The FJ40 build I'm working on is going to get buckets and he wants heaters in them. We were looking at Corbeaus but these could be a good option.

Cruiser what did you have custom done to them?
Those look nice. Did you work with Bestop for the customization or have someone local do it? The FJ40 build I'm working on is going to get buckets and he wants heaters in them. We were looking at Corbeaus but these could be a good option.

I’m working with a local shop who is redoing the interior of the truck right now. The guy is pretty skilled. He patterned those covers off the old ones and added some seat heaters. Otherwise, they are stock.

-Ed

Another seat I have considered are those from Mercedes sprinters. They are a firm seat with armrest and a ton of adjust-ability. I did a quick CL search and found a 2016 drivers seat for sale in Chicago area. Too far from me but might work for someone else:

mercedes sprinter seat

Those seats TLC uses look a lot like these Bestop Trailmax 2 seats I just picked up.

View attachment 1895136

I posted info about them in my build thread but I’ll add it here too in case someone is interested in them.

Very easy to mount using the FJ60 sliding hardware and some simple homemade brackets.
View attachment 1895141
View attachment 1896751

View attachment 1895142

Love the seats. Much more comfortable than the 3 series BMW seats I had previously. I’m planning to have them recovered and add seat heaters.

Cheers!
-Ed
Those look good. Do you happen to recall the part/model number that fits the FJ60? The ones I see online are primarily for Heeps.

Thanks,

oops....just started to write post and then saw the post above is the exact same seat...here is one mounted in a Volvo C303:

2oUHCNNeiNj9fQIwdnG5ul.jpg

These seats are nice!! Probably pretty speedy huh? How easy to attach to our 60s brackets?

They range in price from about $1300 to almost $3000.

Has anyone used the previous gen (2014 to 2019) Tundra seats? Would they even fit?

I'd like to replace both front and rear in my '83 FJ60. If so, how do you like them?

Those look great. What brackets did you use?

Custom brackets but very simple to build. Check out post #268 on the build thread:

Been running these seats for almost 2 years and they’re still like new and the brackets work perfectly.

-Ed

After a long drive to the Mojave Desert, from NorCal, and lots of time in the saddle, I have given in. I need better seats. I’ve been very loyal to my original 60 series seats. I own a 2007 100 series, and had a 2000 100 series. I just love those seats. They are like sitting in an old well worn lazy boy. How come no one has talked about putting the 100 seats in a 60? Are they just too wide? Would love to make that swap. Thoughts?

The Scheel Mann seat upgrade is probably single best investment I made in this rig. My back was not a fan of the the OEM seats making long road trips difficult. Would go as far as saying these seats are almost therapeutic as they provide impressive support and good alignment for the spine. Long trips no longer a problem. Initially thought about just getting a driver side seat since the Scheel Mann seats are about $2k each. I cried only once writing the check and have never regretted the decision. Granted it is a sizable expense but one you can take with you if you sell your rig down the road. It is crazy to say "I paid almost as much for these seats as I did initially for the truck".
IMG_3469.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom