Seat Belt Repair/Replacement! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish I had seen this before last week, as I just paid nearly full price on a new one for my driver's side! I'll keep it in mind for the passenger side though!

I wish I had seen this before last week, as I just paid nearly full price on a new one for my driver's side! I'll keep it in mind for the passenger side though!
Big shout out to LS1FJ40 for this find! Sent fronts and rears for update and color change - I have black seats. Turn around was less than a week and they look and work perfect! Took for a 900 mile trip this week and could not be happier.

I’m glad people are having as good of luck as I did!

dang. spent a couple hours on the third row swap and have now aborted...Thank you!!! :clap:
Even my wife is like you dummy, why didn't you read mud first...
Now the big question, do I wait until I re-upholsterer or swap (I saw that big monster thread a least) the seats to get a better belt match???

I just removed my 3rd row right rear seat belt assembly, fully extended it zip tied spool in place removed belt. Removed drivers belt assembly fully extended it zip tied spool in place removed belt, installed belt from 3rd row put it all back together and it all works as it should. Only differences that I can see is you need to bend the fixed end straight and enlarge hole for bolt just big enough to let it rotate on shouldered bolt head. Literally took less than an hour. PO installed new grey belt assembiy because he could not find a brown one and its been bothering me ever since I bought it. Now they all match as they should. I now have a almost new grey belt if somebody needs one, just belt and pin no retractor.

I moved my third row belt to the front a while ago. The third row belt is not as long as the front so it does not allow me to move around as well. Really makes it a pain to reach the mail box. I've lived with it because the front was so badly frayed it would not retract at all. Gonna pull my belts, swap them back and send the fronts in for this repair.

Thanks for the link. I noticed yesterday while tinkering in mine that the drivers belt is pretty frayed. Will have to get them done soon.

This is probably a silly question, but which service was used here. The seat belt repair or webbing replacement? Mine driver side doesn't retract as good as it used to and is also starting to fray along its edge.

Just got this in my email for anyone that wants or needs it.

Safety restore coupon.jpg

Perfect timing, thanks Dr Gil! My driver seat belt from my ’95 is in threads and falling apart....it’s really bad. I’m ordering up both fronts now.

Just used Safety Restore for the front belts on my 94. CO to MA and back in a week and look and function like new. This company has their 💩 together!

Thanks for the lead.

Just used Safety Restore for the front belts on my 94. CO to MA and back in a week and look and function like new. This company has their 💩 together!

Thanks for the lead.
Did you do just the belt replacement or the spring/mechanical restore? (Not the accident retrigger.).

Everyone still happy with their belts from this company?
My drivers is frayed.

When I have my drivers shipped off to them, can I swap the passengers off temporarily?

My drivers is frayed.

When I have my drivers shipped off to them, can I swap the passengers off temporarily?

If you mean install the passenger side belt on the driver side, NOPE. It won't work. The inertia gizmo inside won't know what to do.

Some people last year had issues with color matches but they may have more options now. I used myairbags which is local to me and was happy with the results.

My drivers is frayed.

I just went through them and had a very mediocre experience. The belt webbing color match to my Oak LX450 interior is marginal at best -- much more of a gray / silver color than what was stock. I also paid for the retractor to be refreshed since my belts had very lazy rewind and they didn't appear to perform that service at all the first time I sent it in. I talked to them and they did pay for me to ship it out a second time and have the rewinder serviced again. The belt just came back a few days ago and it still doesn't rewind with all that much enthusiasm, but I can tell it is a tiny bit better than before. In total I spent about $145 and didn't have a seat belt for almost a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom