Dash replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dash has cracks from heat damage. I located a replacement dash, but can only find YouTube videos on older models being replaced, it’s mostly screws and clips into place, but it appears to involve removal of steering wheel, console, etc before you can get to the upper dash itself, does anybody have a video or recommendation on a repair manual with step by step instructions on how to pull out the cracked dash on a ‘96 LC and replace with the used replacement dash?

The Toyota factory service manual (FSM) has the procedure well documented. The FSM can be found in the resources section.

Bag and tag everything. Take photos as you go.

I dropped the steering wheel down (2 nuts, 2 bolts), and didn't remove it, or disconnect it from the steering shaft.

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

Just take your time and look around carefully. I took pictures at the time but threw most of them out.

I didn’t remove or do anything with the steering wheel.

Use the FSM and read it to familiarize yourself and if you get stuck on a section reference it again. It is just slow going but very manageable.

Wobble extensions seem to stick in my brain as being very helpful. Good luck

IMG_3736.jpeg
IMG_3734.jpeg
IMG_3733.jpeg
IMG_3735.jpeg

Just take your time and look around carefully. I took pictures at the time but threw most of them out.

Use the FSM and read it to familiarize yourself and if you get stuck on a section reference it again. It is just slow going but very manageable.

View attachment 3560453View attachment 3560455View attachment 3560456View attachment 3560459
What is a wobble extension?

It is a drive extension that allows extra angle. Notice the difference in the end where you attach a socket.

1708476624097.png

It is a drive extension that allows extra angle. Notice the difference in the end where you attach a socket.

View attachment 3562912
Yup
Exactly
Just seems to be sticking in my brain that there were a few spots where that made it much easier.

Good luck
John

View attachment 3560453View attachment 3560455View attachment 3560456View attachment 3560459
What are wobble extensions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom