Seat Belt Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just picked up a huge haul of 80 parts from some guy and in that haul was a mass of seat belts. Only problem is I think they're all 2nd and 3rd row seat belts!
I know the 2nd and 3rd row belts are all interchangeable but are the front seat belts the same as well?

PXL_20230719_023118498.jpg

PXL_20230719_023056103.jpg

I have read that the passenger side front is longer for some reason, at least on the US rigs. The fronts have a different buckle tab and don't fit anywhere else.

So I just picked up a huge haul of 80 parts from some guy and in that haul was a mass of seat belts. Only problem is I think they're all 2nd and 3rd row seat belts!
I know the 2nd and 3rd row belts are all interchangeable but are the front seat belts the same as well?

View attachment 3377334

View attachment 3377335
3rd row use a similar buckle to front row, but the belts are about 6" shorter.

2nd row are only 2nd row.

Front passenger belt can be swapped into front DS location and the belt is about 8" longer, so you need to tighten the spring about 3 turns so it will still reel in the belt. This is nice for fat guys like me.

So, if I understand the way these reels work, the spool locks when inertia pulls in the forward direction to stop it from unspooling. If you switch the assembly to the other side of the vehicle will it work the same? Or will it stop the unspooling when you slam on the brakes in reverse?

So, if I understand the way these reels work, the spool locks when inertia pulls in the forward direction to stop it from unspooling. If you switch the assembly to the other side of the vehicle will it work the same? Or will it stop the unspooling when you slam on the brakes in reverse?
You must use the ratchet in it's original location or it will not lock properly. You have to remove the belt from the ratchet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom