Seat Belt Repair/Replacement! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LS1FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
So my driver seat belt seized up on my 92. I had a spare but both front belts were looking pretty shabby and weren't retracting the best. I took a flier on trying this company out. Hadn't seen anyone that had used them on here.

Holy crap! Worth the $75! It's like brand new! I'm sending my passenger spare off Monday and my spare set for my 93. The color is a spot on match and it retracts like butter!

They even stitched the original OEM safety tag back on so you can even tell that they have been redone.

Seat Belt Repair & Airbag Reset - Safety Restore

Use code MOVED for 15% off.

It took about 7-8 days total including shipping time. If you overnight it to them it would be quicker. I had a spare so wasn't in a hurry.

I had never heard of this company and just found them by googling seat belt repair.

I highly recommend!

IMG_2905.JPG

This is great info ! I am going to give them a try. Also thanks for the coupon code !

This is great info ! I am going to give them a try. Also thanks for the coupon code !

No problem. I'm happy that it worked out so well. It was a shot in the dark that worked out.

Just boxed up my spare grey set for my 93 to send off tomorrow.

Did they fix the retracting issues?

Yep!! It's like 1992 up in there! Works like a charm. They cleaned the spring and everything. No dust or grime on it when I got it back.

They did lose one of the spacer bushings but I take some of the blame for that because I should have removed that and saved it. I had spares so it wasn't a big deal.

Cool. I need to send mine in. I just replaced my Tacoma seat belt with a new Toyota belt. It's so much nicer than it was. Too bad that's not an option for the Land Cruiser, but this sounds like it's close.

For $75 (pre discount) I don't think you can beat it. This was one of those times when I was completely floored by the quality and service. I honestly expected it to come back looking like crap and it is damn near perfect.

Got mine back, works perfect !!! now I want to send the rest :) Thanks for sharing this info !

Good to hear @toyofan!

I've been very pleased with mine! Sending all four for my 93 while I'm out of country. They'll be waiting for me when I get back!

Bumping this up for my experience. I missed out on the move code, so mine were full price. Sent both front seatbelt in since they were getting frayed. If you do this, you'll need to figure in shipping to them into the cost as well, they cover the shipping back to you. It won't come back in the same box you sent it in if that matters to you. Turnaround time was great, got everything sent and back in one week (with a holiday). 100% satisfied with the passenger side, looks amazing. Installed the drivers side, less than pleased. I sent them an email to see what's up with it being backwards. I think once I get it flipped back around I'll be satisfied.

IMG_1653.JPG

I think you'll be able to just turn the belt portion within the latch by hand. I'd at least try that first.

Yeah, I ended up getting impatient and messing with it this morning. I had to fold the belt and feed it through the buckle to get it to twist. Not the end of the world, but a minor annoyance.

Bumping this up for my experience. I missed out on the move code, so mine were full price. Sent both front seatbelt in since they were getting frayed. If you do this, you'll need to figure in shipping to them into the cost as well, they cover the shipping back to you. It won't come back in the same box you sent it in if that matters to you. Turnaround time was great, got everything sent and back in one week (with a holiday). 100% satisfied with the passenger side, looks amazing. Installed the drivers side, less than pleased. I sent them an email to see what's up with it being backwards. I think once I get it flipped back around I'll be satisfied.

View attachment 1554659

You could just pull the belt, flip it and put it back together. My old thread on swapping the belts may be some help, pretty easy to do.
Oak Seat Belt Replacement

I don't think its reversed. I thought the same. What matters is the buckled location not the at rest position. I called them with the same complaint.

Buckle is up and see how it looks

Last edited:
Yeah, it was reversed. Flipped the buckle and installed everything this weekend. Even the little bump stop is on correct. Technician must have just been going too fast.

Quick update: the MOVED coupon is no longer valid, but you can use FREESHIP to save $15.

@LS1FJ40 some of us have owned cruisers for a long time but you are right - new seat belts will restore the luxury feel of how these things used to be. The more of these repairs you do as you get into the addiction, you will realize why some of us love these rigs so much. Welcome to mud!

@LS1FJ40 some of us have owned cruisers for a long time but you are right - new seat belts will restore the luxury feel of how these things used to be. The more of these repairs you do as you get into the addiction, you will realize why some of us love these rigs so much. Welcome to mud!

This never gets old...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom