Saginaw power steering conversion pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trying to find a good part number to replace my power steering pump. Its the standard chevy pump?

What does it look like, metric or std line fitting thread, what kinda motor is it mounted on, press on pulley or nut, etc?

1980-older SAE (American 5/8" thread) hose fitting, or 1981-newer Metric (16mm o-ring thread) hose fitting???

At least take a pic of it and the fittings in the back. Hard to know exactly what you have without any information...

It's the standard hose fitting. I can't take a picture I was turned in as a core then when the new pump showed up it was wrong they had already sent it in. On the back it has a return hose that is turned straight down. Pressue side has a fitting. To the side of that I need a bolt hole bolt to a Man a fee head bracket.

The one I used on mine was from a 76 K5 Blazer. The nipple for the return line wasn't exact but I was able to cut about an inch off of it and make it work. 7023 was the part number for the one I got at AutoZone.

Last edited:
Look up the PS pump on a 72' chevy pickup with a small block V8. I think that's what your looking for.

It's the standard hose fitting. I can't take a picture I was turned in as a core then when the new pump showed up it was wrong they had already sent it in. On the back it has a return hose that is turned straight down. Pressue side has a fitting. To the side of that I need a bolt hole bolt to a Man a fee head bracket.

Yeah, 'standard' is a relative term when you consider the number of years the Saginaw pump has been in use and the possible permutations of reservoir/pump combos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom