Saginaw mounting plate weld in, move front shackle or no? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I have Kurt's plate and all the bits ready to rock. Do I have to relocate the driver's front shackle hanger? Looks like the plate interferes.....

To where?:confused:

I haven't heard of ANY company's mounting plate requiring this, and even without seeing Kurt's offering, I would highly doubt it.

I HAVE seen clearance issues requiring
a. notching the inboard side of the hanger to access one of the sbx bolts
b. additional spacing between the sbx and plate to accomodate oversized shackle bolts.

Best

Mark A.

if you move anything you have to do it to the passenger side as well.

but i doubt youll have to move anything. notch the plate weld it further back. something to make it work, they are not made so you have to move things that shouldnt be moved

Screwface said...."There's no killin' what cant be killed." Predator 2. Sorry, just woke up anf cpoffee has not taken effect yet.....

I realize the sides have to mirror each other. 4X4Labs moves theirs to accommodate the beefier reinforced frame horns they create for their install. The CO kit is really reasonable but is short on actual step by step directions. I am gonna get it done, though! Probably the plate can be trimmed a bit to prevent encroachment on the drivers shackle hanger. I may do a build along since there seem to be many posts covering it, but few actual installs covering each step with detailed pictures, parts used and part numbers. Again, many authors cover the broad install really well, but are short on details, and I believe this makes things harder for guys with less fabrication experience, and easier for the shops that perform these installs.

No man just take a grinder and notch out a half moon at the location of the lower foward bolt and it will work out fine. :D

i would agree with you that alot of things you buy for your rig have little or no instructions at all. very hard to figure things out if you are first timer. alot is learned by trial and error i suppose.

there is really not alot of wrong way right way. maybe thats why no one includes instruction. i dont know

pm me for help. i can get pics and break it down for you

Hey Wbb can do show us a pic or point out in a diagram or something?

I've got Kurts kit. Works great. As Mark stated you have to notch the inboard shackle hanger.

IMG_5463.jpg

let me know if you have any questions.

The bracket on top of the frame is for my winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom