Running Slee Sliders On a 93 FZJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
hey guys

can someone post up some pics of the cat area of the 93-94 slee sliders

i prefer the slee design and look, but i like the hanna cat protection

are they protected in anyway? anyone have any problems hitting their cats? (no jokes please :D )

thanks

Those look like the slidersteps, i am looking for the tube style. Which ones are those in the pics?

I am curious what that plate is in the middle

Thanks

Last edited:
The ones in those pics are the tube style. Looks like Christo might have changed the style from his website ones but if you go there you will see they are definitly not the step sliders. The step sliders have a flat surface, not tilted. And there is a picture of his tube set up on a 93 on his website.

Web site update is coming. We have changed the side to have a single piece for support in between the round tube and the rectangular. See pic attached.
sliders_80.jpg

It is important to note that Ken's RH slider forward mounting point is the 4 bolts that attach the transfercase crossmember. So, in order to drop the crossmember one would also have to remove the RH slider. Also the crossmember must be supported when installing/removing the slider.

Christo's slider allows for crossmember removal without having to do this. That is the trade-off.

cruiserdan said:
It is important to note that Ken's RH slider forward mounting point is the 4 bolts that attach the transfercase crossmember. So, in order to drop the crossmember one would also have to remove the RH slider. Also the crossmember must be supported when installing/removing the slider.
Christo's slider allows for crossmember removal without having to do this. That is the trade-off.

Gotcha, that is a good point dan, Thanks!

I, however prefer the older style "Tube Only" Slee sliders that christo used to sell, i dont really care for that plate thing, i like the tube, i know, i am weird but its my $ and i can be picky! :flipoff2:

Hopefully i can get a set of the old ones.

Do you still offer both Christo? What is the purpose of that plate?

Boston Mangler said:
What is the purpose of that plate?

sleeoffroad said:
...single piece for support in between the round tube and the rectangular

Just a WAG...

landtank said:
I kind of like the idea of less snow and mud getting caught up in there than the new style ones.

EXACTLY! Hanna Has Something similar on his too, i dont get it. no one makes just the tube style anymore huh?

Dont get me wrong now, both the slees and the hannas are VERY VERY nice designs and a very impressive product, i just wish there were other options! I know, i am a nit picking freak! :D

Also, i am now in So Cal and dont get snow anymore! :flipoff2:

Ask me if i miss shoveling :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom